I want our old forum back

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:17 am
How nice that a2k commandeered our beloved forum, supposedly to boost their numbers! This was a small, concentrated forum of all things Motorola Droid, and now it's a mishmash of everything. I am VERY disappointed and would love nothing better than to revert back to our little forum so I can get the information I need instantly and communicate with my fellow Droiders without all the fluff. What did we do to deserve this???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 33 • Views: 12,086 • Replies: 119

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:24 am
@The Chief,
Hi The Chief, yeah, this must be a huge adjustment. If you operate out of this page:

http://able2know.org/tag/motorola/

That should cut out some of the other stuff and let you experience something closer to your old forum.

edit: this would work too:

http://able2know.org/tag/droid/
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:28 am
@The Chief,
Things are the same all over, bro - I was upset when this forum changed to the current style.

But the truth is that you don't have to talk in anything you don't want to, and over time, all you will see is Motorola threads- for all intents and purposes it's the same forum. Just use the 'my posts' link at the top.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:29 am
@The Chief,
You must have made the Hamsters mad.

Even though we were unaware of your joining us until it was already done and posted as an update, I do not think it was about numbers. If the forums don't get split up (not saying it wont, who knows what RG will do if there is a big outcry from the other users from the old Droid forum) this is a forum full of all kinds of information.

As a verizon customer myself, and a soon to own a Droid phone I look forward to your post and all the information that I will be able to obtain from you guys. I can understand this is a big adjustment, but as Soz said you might find it a bit easier to work out of the page she listed. And if time goes on and you guys are still merged with us, I hope you will find out community not all that bad and actually helpful to you all.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:31 am
@The Chief,
The Chief wrote:

How nice that a2k commandeered our beloved forum, supposedly to boost their numbers! This was a small, concentrated forum of all things Motorola Droid, and now it's a mishmash of everything. I am VERY disappointed and would love nothing better than to revert back to our little forum so I can get the information I need instantly and communicate with my fellow Droiders without all the fluff. What did we do to deserve this???

As long as you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will not be harmed. And if you embrace our culture--polo, afternoon tea--you are sure to acheive new heights of civilization.
The Chief

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:34 am
Well, as an old Navy guy I am used to change, so I will wait and see how this pans out. I appreciate the warm welcome but please understand that we had the old forum down PAT and it was simple to navigate, post and get information. Now it's all tags and filters. For those of you about to get the Droid, jump in because the device simply ROCKS! Thanks again for the welcome and I hope others from the forum will chime in and not give up.
Seed

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:46 am
@The Chief,
Ah a service member! I am prior army myself. Two tours in Iraq spent 9 years in.

As far as having a forum down pack and going good with flow. I understand what you mean. The old forum of A2K, before it was what you see now, was what I was used to for a long time, then somewhere in my first tour it changed and when I came back I was completely lost. But I have gotten the hang of it rather quickly.

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:46 am
@The Chief,
I understand Chief, and I could have done the transition a lot better. For starters, we planned to send out an email with the announcement and all. But we ran into all sorts of import problems, and were up till 5 am (when planning to be done before midnight). I decided to opt for some sleep because tomorrow I'm travelling very early.

But please do give us a chance, I am consolidating all our forums here and am going to be making a lot of changes, and there are going to be some rough spots but I think that if you look at the social interaction and give it time you'll see that it ultimately results in more activity even in the niches (I'll post the old site's traffic for you when I get a chance, it was declining).
Izzie

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:04 am
@The Chief,
Welcome to A2K Chief Droid

Do hope you will stick around - change is frustrating

but

this site is quite easy to navigate around and you don't have to join in with the other threads - but I reckon you may find some things of interest if you did, even if you're just having a read.

There's a bunch of good folk here and a few misfits too Wink You'll get a laugh or two at the very least if you have a look around Very Happy

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:06 am
@Seed,
Ditto. I felt the same when A2k reincarnated. I got over it. I also felt that way when someone told me my office was going to get rid of the IBM Selectric typewriters and I would be required to switch to an IBM PC with WordPerfect. Got over that too.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:08 am
@Robert Gentel,
@Robert

Thanks for the replay across 2 topics! I guess you're The Man here so I acquiesce to your decision to do what you did for good reasons. This was definitely a shock. We won't get our old forum back, so I will humbly settle in here and invite lots of people to check out - and possibly acquire - Verizon's flagship phone, the Motorola Droid. If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask. I'm a pretty sociable guy once you get to know me.
Seed

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:08 am
@Izzie,
I just want to take this chance to pronounce my love for you.

That is all
Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:09 am
@Seed,
Why don't you two go get a room.
Seed

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:13 am
@Green Witch,
lol
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:14 am
@Green Witch,

(3 days after valentine's day there are bound to be a few leftover public displays of affection...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:14 am
@The Chief,
The Chief wrote:
I'm a pretty sociable guy once you get to know me.

I can tell, actually!

One thing that probably (not definitely, just probably) will happen is that since A2K has really mighty SEO, there will probably (ndjp) be more newbies coming in with questions about the Droid than you got on your old forum. (As in, people Google something about the Droid, are led to the Droid forum on A2K, and then ask something that you can expertly answer. Smile)
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:22 am
@Seed,
... pronouncing right backatcha Seed Razz

<here... over here...shhhhhhhhh>

now whilst GreenWitch has provided a foroom for us.... c'mere and talk technical with me...

just saw you had an LG phone...

well, I put this question on the droid forum but it's not a droid...

I got this on Monday which was a free upgrade

http://www.mobilephonereviews.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lg-gw520.jpg

can I work it... nahhhhh! I went to listen to a voicemail of which there were four voicemails - but I dunno how to delete the first one, which means I can't listen to the others, because there are no numbers to press on the touch screen coz it goes off after about 30 seconds - and I can't synch it to my laptop either Sad Was your phone like this?

I think I need to call "3"...

(the droids may get a few of us technophobes asking questions - ha!)

anyone.... anyone know...??????????
Seed

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:28 am
@Izzie,
Well I am not sure about which number you need to you need to press to delete your message (mine is 7) but there is a setting in your phone settings that lets the screen light up when you pull it away from your ear to show the dial pad. That's what mine does, I am sure yours will do the same as well. I will have to look at the settings when I get home and let you know. (I am about to run to town.) If it isn't answered fully or you haven't figured it out from my vague description by then i will give you a better in depth answer
Letty

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:31 am
@The Chief,
Hey, Chief, bet you know this one.

The lyrics first.

Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep,
Its own appointed limits keep.

Oh hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea! Amen.

Eternal Father, lend Thy grace To
those with wings who fly thro' space,
Thro wind and storm, thro' sun and rain,
Oh bring them safely home again.

Oh Father, hear an humble prayer,
For those in peril in the air! Amen.

Oh Trinity of love and pow'r,
Our brethren shield in danger's hour,
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them where so e'er they go.

Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea! Amen.

If you can do YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iu8y2pvuRg&feature=related

Izzie

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:31 am
@Seed,
Cool. Will try and figure out how to change the screen settings. I've got no signal here so can't use it 'til I leave the area, but will have a play around. Thankeeeeee ((((Seed)))).

Have fun in town Very Happy
0 Replies