Battery Vs Running Apps

billrcs

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:56 am
I use "Advanced App Killer" to close apps and save battery life, plus is seems to be the only way to close some apps.
I notice that many apps I haven't even used keep opening in the background? Such as the built in app for MP3s. How can you control apps from opening in the background and sapping the battery life????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,886 • Replies: 2
No top replies

buster hymen

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 12:36 pm
@billrcs,
This is from another forum.

1 - Applications and services that are needed to run (either because you've told them to, or because they're needed by other things) will automatically restart.

Remember Android is different to most other phone operating systems. It's closer to Linux than any other type of operating system. Lots of services and applications constantly run in the background just like they do on Windows. However, and this is important, they do not have to use up a ton of resources. A service or app can be loaded, yet use almost no additional memory, and 0% CPU until it actually has to do something.

In general, killing off stuff is a waste of time. Android automatically asks apps to close that aren't needed when it needs more memory. Killing off some of the processes you are killing off also means it'll slow your phone down, as these processes only need to reload, and when you do need to use them it means the phone will be slower for the few seconds it takes to reload them.

Example: If you have the camera app loaded already, you can press the camera button and take a picture pretty quickly. If you have killed it then it will need to reload it, which adds about 5 to 10 seconds to that process.

0 Replies

devang

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 06:23 am
i had Symbian phone which is having multi tasking feature,it also consumes more power than S40 phones,and nowadays phone cum PDA having large touchscreen which also consumes memory and due to compact size of phone battery can't be large enough to run the phone so by managing power saving features of phone we can run battery for long e.g. auto switch off screen after some seconds and likewise..
0 Replies