djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:09 am
okay, i get it, tim loves his momma, and he loves his god

but is the NFL going to allow him to keep the scriptures under his eyes when a national networks and sponsors are paying the bills

http://renovomedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Tim-Tebow-senior-bowl.jpg

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:10 am
Why not?
djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:13 am
@edgarblythe,
i don't know, i was just wondering if any outside influence would have an opinion, once someone else is paying the bills

i'd bet that the majority of football fans are christians and it won't bother them, but when they're broadcasting to a national audience they may get complaints
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:16 am
@edgarblythe,

right now he's projected to be an average back-up QB.
maybe he can run the wildcat, but he does not yet possess basic pro QB skills...
Rockhead

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:17 am
@Region Philbis,
he will look good in a baseball cap with a clipboard.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:19 am
@djjd62,

in goodell's NFL, individuality is not encouraged.
i wouldn't be surprised if they banned the under-eye message strips...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 01:40 pm
But this is America. When we see a God-fearing cornfed football star we automatically get giant erections. Even the women.

I'm saying, you make the guy wipe that **** off and tons of assholes are going to use the excuse to be publicly irate. Because Americans love their soapboxes more than they love Christian QBs.

I mean look at these Tea Party assholes.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:25 am
Heads up for the Tim Tebow Pro-life Commercial scheduled to air during the Superbowl.

I simply don't care about the face scriptures. Let him. If Christians want to reduce religion to the ultra trivial hope that your team might win this game, be my guest. If people want to look to Tebow as a religious motivator, I just don't care.

T
K
O
djjd62

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:44 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
If Christians want to reduce religion to the ultra trivial hope that your team might win this game, be my guest.
T
K
O

it kind of smacks of the jesus scopes
mismi

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 09:09 am
@djjd62,
He's not a great quarterback...he was lucky to have good players around him...but he could make it work in a tight spot. He would be a better tight end.

Who cares if he wears scripture on his eye blacks or not? Seems like a silly thing to be focusing on. Not that YOU are silly Didge. Wink

And wearing scripture on your eyeblacks doesn't trivialize Christianity any more than wearing a T-shirt that says, "End World Hunger" trivializes the needs of the hungry. It is an identity thing. No, I am not saying that the subject matter on the T-shirt and the eyeblack are comparable in any way - it is the person wearing the eyeblack and the t-shirt aligning themselves with what they identify with that I am talking about...nothing to do with the subject matter itself.

And it certainly doesn't insure a win...did you see Tebow crying after losing the National Championship to Alabama?
Gargamel

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:50 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

He's not a great quarterback...he was lucky to have good players around him...but he could make it work in a tight spot. He would be a better tight end.

True. I keep forgetting that we're probably not going to see much of this guy again.

Never mind that maybe two guys from each class become legitimate starters. Tebow spent four years taking long snaps. He has to learn fundamentals like receiving the ball under center and dropping back.
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:36 pm
@Gargamel,
He is a good runner though.

T
K
O
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 12:39 pm
@Diest TKO,

true.
not sure how many teams'd be interested in a 6'3" 245 lb running back though...
gungasnake

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:04 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
right now he's projected to be an average back-up QB.
maybe he can run the wildcat, but he does not yet possess basic pro QB skills...

http://hornbillunleashed.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bullshit.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 05:34 am

with nothing to lose, the woeful broncos will let tebow start today...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 09:08 am

tebow played well (16/29, 308, 1 TD, 1 INT) in a meaningless game.
it appears he has worked hard at becoming an NFL QB...
djjd62

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 09:18 am
@Region Philbis,
does he still put the scriptures under his eyes?
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 09:30 am
@djjd62,

nope...

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/1226/20101226__broncos_ttebow_growl_122610~p1.jpg
George

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 10:49 am
@Region Philbis,
I left him -- and 23 freakin points -- on my fantasy team bench.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 02:21 pm
@Region Philbis,
dunno.

what did Earl Campbell go...?