Top 100 Worst Rotten Tomatoe Movies

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:13 pm
It's out! The 100 worst reviewed movies of the last decade:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/worst_of_the_worst/1/

They don't have a standard list -- you can only browse through.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 16,113 • Replies: 40
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:19 pm
I'm looking forward to looking at this to see where "2001 Manics" ranks.....
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:37 pm
@Lightwizard,
Yeah I've seen part of the list posted here http://www.imdb.com/poll/, my other internet haunting grounds.

Filled with the most dreadful movies I'm glad to have not seen.

Unfortunately, my eyes have been pained to witness Alone in the Dark and Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
Apparently after seeing the entire list, I have to confess beholding Glitter, Son of the Mask, and Gigli. Embarrassed
parados

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 08:08 pm
@Lightwizard,
So.. Larry the Cable Guy has 3 movies on the list...

Has he made more than 3?

I think Jenny McCarthy only has one on the list.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 08:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Im glad that all the Larry the Cable Guy Movies have made this list. Iactually rented the first one where he played a health inspector. Im sure the others were equally forgetable
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 08:26 pm
For what it's worth, I have not seen any of them. I am surprised that a Sound of Thunder was made into a terrible movie. I liked the short story.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 06:37 am
I did make it through "Sound of Thunder," free on HBO I believe, and it is creaky, clanky and not even close to the poetic imagery Bradbury evoked, in the "Golden Apples of the Sun" anthology.

I had to see "Battlefield Earth" just to affirm a Scientologist would manage to mangle a sci-fi movie with stawlwart foolishness. It's even a lousy book, as were all of L. Ron Hubbard's pulp sci fi trash. It's also the only one of his books I tried to read but never finished -- the Green Giant confiscated it and canned it for the supermarket shelves.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 08:30 am
I'm proud to say that I haven't seen any of the movies on this list.

Of course, not being a fan of Ben Stiller or Martin Lawrence helped a lot.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 09:01 am
The only movie on the list that I actually saw is listed as number one!
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/custom/34/10001334.jpg

I agree that it is a stupid movie. However, it is fun to watch if you like action video games. The variety of high-tech weaponry in this movie is similar to video games that were popular when the movie came out (2002). The lead characters are like human "Road Runners" who escape injury in the most impossible situations.

I am surprised I didn't see more movies on this list. Bad movies rock! Many of the movies on the list are simply boring rather than actually "bad". A really bad movie can be very entertaining to watch (if you have a cynical sense of humor like I do).

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 10:56 am
@Lightwizard,
I got through the list and found to my surprise that I've only seen one of 'em.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 10:59 am
@Lightwizard,
How about "BAd Santa" or "JAckass II" I actually gagged at JAckass II. Bad Santa, not so much.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 11:03 am
@farmerman,
Somehow out of the hundreds of movies released every year, those two probably just slipped by the criteria. It's a computer tabulation of how many bad reviews each film received (in other words, a "rotten tomatoe.")
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 01:28 pm
@Lightwizard,
I don't know, but the Hottie and Nottie looks like it has potential.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 01:33 pm
Lightwizard - that website is kinda fun - did you try 50 movies for 50 states? Just imagine if you are from Oregon - love to have that movie representing your state - or Maine or Idaho
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 03:30 pm
@Linkat,
They've been around since the 90's and their lists are a lot of fun. I don't think any site has more inventiveness. AFI will come up with lists once a year but RT manages to look at movies so many different way, it can be addicting. It's also a good gauge as to whether or not a film is a dud or not. It has the page of the more populist reviewers and then the seasoned, big name publication critics.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 07:32 pm
@Linkat,
Theire search sucks but here's the link to 50 states 50 films:

Point Break -- perfect for Calfornia

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/50_movies_for_50_states/
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 08:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
For what it's worth, I have not seen any of them. I am surprised that a Sound of Thunder was made into a terrible movie. I liked the short story.

The Sound of Thunder had one redeeming characteristic; the "primate-reptile" creatures are eerily merged along the imagined evolutionary line. They share enough characteristics between primates and reptiles to make them seem familiar, but at the same time very alien. I thought the creature effects team outdid themselves with those monsters.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 08:19 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Just imagine if you are from Oregon - love to have that movie representing your state - or Maine or Idaho

It could be worse, poor New Hampshire got bagged with On Golden Pond, gag me with a spoon.

Idaho landed Napoleon Dynamite.... "Lucky" Smile

Reyn

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 09:08 pm
@Lightwizard,
Well, I've seen one of these films:
"Big Momma's House 2"

I liked the first one, and thought the second was just as funny, although no real new material added. It was still good for some quick laughs.

If I had a better memory for movie titles, I bet I could come up with some additional stinkers that should have made this list
0 Replies