Is my blood pressure too low?

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:20 pm
@TTH,
And you are a goofy, absurdly self-absorbed bitch. What you posted does not even remotely confirm your earlier claim, nor is there any way to know if it actually refers to you.

This thread is not about you.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:21 pm
@Setanta,
No, this thread is about blood pressure and what is normal. Sometimes normal isn't normal.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:25 pm
You claimed earlier that your BP was 67/33 and that it was falling (the record you posted does not confirm this), and then remarked that "according to the charts" that meant you were dead. You then provided a link to some charts which did not confirm what you had said.

How does that make any of your preposterous story relevant to what can be considered "normal" blood pressure?
djjd62

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:33 pm
i've been dead now for quite awhile, it's very liberating

plus they tell you all kinds of things you don't get to know when you're alive, unfortunately they make you sign a confidentiality waiver
TTH

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:33 pm
@Setanta,
No, it doesn't confirm that because that came from the ER prior to going into ICU. There are 100's of medical pages I haven't been through yet. They don't intubate someone because their vital signs are "normal". What I am saying is even though the charts may say what is "normal" isn't automatically true.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:35 pm
The records you provided don't confirm the story you told. They certainly don't refer to what may or may not be normal in blood pressure and pulse rates. Nothing you've posted has anything to do with what constitutes a normal range in blood pressure readings.

This thread is not about you.
TTH

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:38 pm
@Setanta,
No, it is about YOU like always. You and your bad attitude.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:42 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat
There is a home blood pressure cuff you can buy. It also shows your pulse rate. I picked mine up at the pharmacy and it was real reasonably priced.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:47 pm
@Setanta,
You're having too much fun.
Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:16 pm
@Setanta,
Well the dentist didn't question them and he doesn't have a history of my bp and heart rate. I would have guessed it was low, because of the alarm that one time with the nurse when my rate was high (just from the running to take their on time).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:17 pm
@Setanta,
That's ok, I liked the story.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Who woulda thought that a question about bp would cause such outrage. Not like this is a politcal discussion or something.
chai2

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:27 pm
@Linkat,
What's Obama's blood pressure like?

anyone?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:27 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i've been dead now for quite awhile, it's very liberating

plus they tell you all kinds of things you don't get to know when you're alive, unfortunately they make you sign a confidentiality waiver

When I signed mine I didn't put my real name.
djjd62

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:31 pm
@chai2,
damn, that's clever
chai2

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 04:17 pm
@djjd62,
Oh yeah, this whole dead things a joke.

Nobody checks nuthin'. It's like the fox is mindin' the hen house.

not that I'm complaining. Who'd listen?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 04:31 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I never really asked, but my doctor had said I have that my blood pressure is low - I noted that once because one time after they took my blood pressure the nurse was alarmed - your rate is very high. I guess I probably hurried to my appointment because I was late - I pretty much ran as my office was walking distance to the doctor.

Just for what it's worth (anectodal evidence) I know a few obsessive cyclists who report that blood pressure shows almost no increase immediately after excercise. Pulse rate goes way up, though.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 04:36 pm
Anyone here who is certain that their blood pressure is too low can easily remedy it by attempting to carry on a rational conversation with TTH--after which, if you actually care about what the blithering idiot says, i'll bet your BP goes right up.
TTH

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 04:38 pm
@Setanta,
Well it's about time you called me an idiot. It took you long enough Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 04:40 pm
@chai2,
That probably saved your life, Chai. Next time, be sure you don't use my name, okay?
0 Replies