Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Foofie

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 01:21 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I've spent a good deal of time in Israel and we both know that Palestinians, both citizens of Israel and residents of the former West Bank territories, get a pretty bad social and economic deal in Israel. True it is a good deal better than what Jews would get in Gaza or the West Bank without the active protection of their government, but that isn't an acceptable standard in the modern world. The Christian population of Palestine has almost been wiped out.

Tolerance throughout the Middle East was a good deal better in the Ottoman Era than it has been since the British, French and Russians brought down the Empire in 1918. Oddly they all appear to have succumbed to rather complete forgetfulness of their roles in the continuing crises. and appear to think that history has absolved them for their misdeeds.

Not really ("forgetfulness" from paragraph above). Germany is very cognizant of its excesses in WWII. But, since many in the rest of the world seem to trivialize the Holocaust as just an ongoing hissy fit of sorts (by Jews I'm implying), your first paragraph above makes sense to many.

However, the intractable Zionist feelings amongst many Jews world-wide (all 14 million), in my opinion, just reflects that WWII was the collective defining existential experience that might be equated to PTHD (Post Traumatic Holocaust Disorder). So, one should not think that Jews will have an epiphany, any time soon, that their handling of the Palestinian situation "isn't an acceptable standard in the modern world," in my opinion.

And, you ignore the fellow travelers of an Evangelical bent (all 60 million or so).

Enjoy the west coast. It is anathema to many on the east coast. The culture is just too focussed on "fun," in my opinion. Popular culture's definition of fun.

By the way, if the Hindus are correct, I'm coming back as a Methodist. I was impressed by their character in the military.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 07:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Have a nice day you lying piece of ****.
Ah...that's better...the rabies666 we have all come to know and laugh at... Laughing
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 10:09 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

You of course are refering to greed as a motavating factor I suppose, although you dont just come out and say it.

Greed is just a word. People work for many reasons, but one of the major ones is to provide for themselves and their families. That they do so is a social and economic good in that their needs are met and the product of their work contributes to the economic activity that supports us all.

What do you call the factors that motivate some people to avoid working?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 10:53 pm
@georgeob1,
Work for the things they need and for family? What does a person need a billion bucks for? From what I have seen of rich kids they would be better off if their parents educated them than turned them loose with $100,000 and told them to get a job. Maybe than so many of them wouldent be on crack and booze.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 11:35 am
@RABEL222,
I'll agree that, in my perceptioon at least, the marginal benefit of getting from (say) $900 million to a billion bucks might not be great, but where would you set the limits? Is $500K/year too much in your view? Who should be empowered to set such limits? What would be the effect on others of setting upper limits on wealth. The historical track record for attempts to do this isn't good. General poverty is the usual result and the concentration of power required to enforce such things usually results in murderous tyranny.

My strong impression is that the incidence abuse of drugs and booze is about the same among poor folks as the rich - mayber higher.

I'll agree that the
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 11:45 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
People work for many reasons, but one of the major ones is to provide for themselves and their families. That they do so is a social and economic good in that their needs are met and the product of their work contributes to the economic activity that supports us all.

I understand where you are coming from, George...and I agree with much of it. But surely you realize there are people "working"...who actually subtract from the totality of what we have. They are incompetent or lazy or stupid...and the result of their "work" is to diminish the whole.

I took an elderly aunt food shopping today...and when we got home, she hurried to the trunk of the car where we had put the food she bought...and began "helping." She was determined to help.

George...what would have taken me 60 seconds at the outside...ended up taking four or five minutes because of her "help"...her "work."

I've worked with people in business offices like that...people who would add to the overall productivity by simply staying home. (Ya wanna help? Don't help!)

Using your reasoning...we should be paying those kinds of people to stay out of the way...so that "the product of their "work'" would favorably contribute to the economic activity that supports us all.

Right?
georgeob1

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 12:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Wrong. If you pay for something, you'll end up getting more of it. There are enough poor performing people in most businesses and activities already. Why should we incentivise others to imitate them?

Getting people to work more effectively is a critical element in any undertaking, and big improvements can be achieved through appropriate training, motivation and reward.

Getting rid of those who simply won't cooperate; make the required effort; or meet required standards is also essential to success.

I do both with equal emphasis.

I think you are merely fishing for some kind of rationalization for some flaky ideas you have previously expressed about income redistribution.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 12:09 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Wrong. If you pay for something, you'll end up getting more of it. There are enough poor performing people in most businesses and activities already. Why should we incentivise others to imitate them?

Getting people to work more effectively is a critical element in any undertaking, and big improvements can be achieved through appropriate training, motivation and reward.

Getting rid of those who simply won't cooperate; make the required effort; or meet required standards is also essential to success.

I do both with equal emphasis.

I think you are merely fishing for some kind of rationalization for some flaky ideas you have previously expressed about income redistribution.

Don't go ape ****, George...I'm trying to be reasonable. Just asking some questions that arise from your "analysis."

Is there a message in the "getting rid of" and "undertaking" in that sentence above?

Are you suggesting we kill people who are not productive?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 12:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
By the way...my elderly aunt "made the effort" today...but still had a negative impact.

Should I have killed her?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 12:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Are you suggesting we kill people who are not productive?

Of course he does, he's only interested in getting his snout in the trough. That's what the aristocrat is like, that's why it labels concepts like human rights and dignity as flaky, anything that threatens the privilege of the aristo is to be resisted at all costs.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/businessman-pig-large-gold-dollar-sign-14079997.jpg
georgeob1

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, you're being an ass. If you have a question or issue please state it.
What you do with your Aunt is your business, not mine.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Poor Izzy. I thought she had me on ignore.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 05:28 pm
@georgeob1,
How about taxing the super rich at 90% of their wealth when they die and forcing their relatives to get a job so they can find how the poor live from hand to mouth?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 06:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

Those flaky ideas certainly managed to kick overwhelming technological military might right up the arse in Vietnam.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 06:45 pm
@RABEL222,
When you become king perhaps you could give that a try.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 09:09 pm
@georgeob1,
Now me, I ignore no one especially dizzythetush . She is so bloody funny all riled up . Very special, our dizzy . This whole ignore thing seems to be to hurt feelings Laughing ouch...hey, it works ! ...wait...No, sorry thats just an old war wound . Better luck for them next time . You are right to feel sorry for them . They have no importance except for being able to ignore others .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 09:12 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
How about taxing the super rich at 90% of their wealth when they die and forcing their relatives to get a job so they can find how the poor live from hand to mouth?
Now THAT's a good idea ! Not being sarcastic, but I like it ! The main reason people are over rich is they have misplaced their judge of their own sexual attractiveness and think money will make them more attractive . By attacking their inheritance, it will attack their "reproductive" ability in a sense, thus making their efforts to be suoer rich redundant .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 09:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you still wear your black pajamas and coolie hat and sandals out shopping ?
0 Replies

LHoppen

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 02:55 am
I dont have to. It is rubbish anyway. Israel gave the Sinai Desert to Egypt when it was a no-mans land, she gave the Gaza strip to Hamas and moved out of the area, despite protests from Israeli citizens, and she captured her own territories that had been taken away from her by the Romans, then the Greeks, then the Ottoman Turks, and then the British (which had 3 Jewish battalions including a battalion from pre-mandate Israel). The land was never Palestinian land. Jordan illegally formed itself in the late forties, around the time that Isral won independence +- one year. If Israel were really to approopriate land, it would have by now moved to the Euphrates. Why should Israel want the majority of its population to be filled with the rabbit breeding habits of the Palestinians anyway? Israel needs a population that is predominantly Jewish. How many Jewish countries are there-One. How many Arab countries are there, 30-40. Why are the Arabs so mean and jealous about a land no bigger than the size of Wales?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:57 am
Bravo Orange.

Quote:
The French telecoms giant Orange has indicated that it intends to terminate its relationship with the Israeli company that licenses its brand in the country – and would end the relationship “tomorrow” if it could.

The comments – made by the company’s CEO, Stephane Richard – have emerged amid a sharp push back by the Israeli government against growing calls for an international boycott of Israel over its continuing occupation of Palestinian territories.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/04/orange-says-it-plans-to-terminate-contract-with-brand-partner-in-israel