Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:25 pm
For 7 1/2 years Karl Roverer helped W sweep everything under rug. The bulge grew so big that the rug seems too small for the job. The deficit, national debt, the WMD lies, deregulation, global warming, EPA violations, special treatment for oil companies, the secret energy meeting Cheney held, outing of CIA agent, etc., etc. The recession was delayed with a program to develop a housing bubble with low interest rates and the promotion of home ownership. I guess you hide everything. The recession and financial collapse are showing. Is the rug too samll?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,827 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 12:19 am
@talk72000,
Bush has a problem. He only has 6 months to get that 700 billion too his rich friends. And the democratic party, the party of change helped him get access to it.
talk72000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:46 pm
@rabel22,
What can I say. The two party system shows that corruption is easy. Give to both parties and you are safe. I am sure there are Democrats who benefitted from Wall Street donations. The thing is that banks as organized in the US plays a vital role and their failure truly invites disaster. The problem is that Bush and Paulson knew of the problem and waited at the last moment to jerk Congress with a bailout plan that would payout their buddies. Luckily, Congress did not do exactly as Bush had wanted. They parcelled it out in portions with the very minimum emergency funds first and other less urgent ones given with a Congressional review. It was not a carte blanche cheque.
0 Replies