OBAMA VERSUS MCCAIN: ARGUMENTS FOR WHO IS BETTER FOR MOST AMERICANS

ican711nm

Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:34 pm
@ican711nm,
(12) Will the USA government adopt CAP and Trade?
(13) Will the USA government re-institute the FAIRNESS DOCTRINE?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Sat 8 Nov, 2008 12:22 pm
Constitution of the United States of America
Article II. Section 1. 5th paragraph
Quote:
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

Is Barach Obama "a natural born citizen" of the USA?

When asked to provide a copy of his birth certificate he did not, and instead had his birth records sealed by the governor of Hawii.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 8 Nov, 2008 01:40 pm
Total bullshit, but what else can we expect from ican. The Obama campaign did in fact produce a copy of his birth certificate, which has been examined and is a genuine Hawaiian copy. (and, by the way, the paper you may have that you think is your "birth certificate" is not in fact your birth certificate. It is a copy of the certificate, which stays on file in state or hospital archives. That's all anyone has). The Honolulu papers also had a birth announcement at the time, which has been produced. If that ain't real, you're positing a conspiracy that stretches back 48 years and involved a newborn baby, which only the looniest of rightwing conspiracy theorists (are you listening, ican?) would maintain.

He's the real thing. The liberal majority has taken back the country from the unAmerican power-at-any-cost ultra-right minority. Get used to it.
ican711nm

Sat 8 Nov, 2008 03:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well then MontereyJack, surely you can provide a link to the source of your claim that Obama did in fact produce a certified copy of his birth certificate to someone who requested it and did in fact examine it.

My news sources claim otherwise, but then they didn't provide a trustworthy link either.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 8 Nov, 2008 05:06 pm
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp
ican711nm

Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:55 pm
@MontereyJack,

Thank you! I'm now convinced Obama is a "natural born citizen."

Wouldn't it have been more constructive for you to have first offered these links instead of first making your hysterical response?

I think so!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 9 Nov, 2008 12:39 am
Wouldn't it have been more constructive for you to have done even a little research first, before repeating just one in the series of scurrilous lies the right wing blogosphere has proliferated in? No, of course not. You just cut and paste uncritically. The problem with the internet is that no crackpot idea ever dies. Somebody else with no sense filters just picks it up and puts it out there again. The whole birth certificate thing has been repeated over and over again, including here on A2K, and the new perpetrator never realizes it's been discredited.
ican711nm

Sun 9 Nov, 2008 07:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yes! It would have "been more constructive for [me] to have done even a little research first, before repeating that falsity about Obama's birth certificate.

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Please recognize that there are many kinds of conservatives just as there are many kinds of liberals. I want to conserve the rule of law as specified in the USA Constitution, and not suspend or change it without a legal amendment to meet the goals and/or objrectives of elected politicians. What do you want?
0 Replies