So I just joined Facebook....

trying2learn

Tue 24 Jul, 2012 04:24 pm
@ossobuco,
You want me to spell it out for you? I don't have the answer except I do see a difference.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 02:11 am
I didn't mean to be rude. I re-read what I wrote and it came across as rude to me so I apologize. People on fb think they are anonymous because they feel they have control. Others think they are more anonymous on this site. Is it right? I don't know. What I do know is what you write on the internet can be read by anyone.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:08 pm
I rarely log into facebook anymore. Morgan is right, too much drama. Everyone checks in where ever they go, nice way of letting people in town know where to find you, and others that your home is vacant.
CalamityJane

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:26 pm
@MMarciano,
Yes, you and Morgan aren't really anonymous here and I imagine FB is worse.
I never understood when people post via iphone their location where they're at right now. To me that's a dangerous information to give out.

Just the recent events in Colorado have shown us how crazy people are and
how vulnerable one can be.
MMarciano

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
Facebook is worse! Morgan has 5000 friends!

We had dinner a week ago in Tampa a while back. The two friends we met for dinner tagged us in the restaurant, half an hour later is when the one guy approached us to talk about Thom Swift and Morgan’s post about him.

After a couple of minutes I had enough of him and just told him we were having an enjoyable evening with friends and were not here to talk about Thom’s problems, he got the hint and left our table.
ehBeth

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:35 pm
@MMarciano,
I'd recommend that you guys add the controls that don't allow anyone else to tag you. I've found it extremely helpful.
MMarciano

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:38 pm
@ehBeth,
We had that but something changed on facebook recently and people were tagging us, we had to go back and check our controls again, they can tag you but you have to approve it. I believe even if you don't approve it your name still shows up just doesn't show up on your wall, I could be wrong though.
ehBeth

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:42 pm
@MMarciano,
Your name won't show up at all if you've got your security set right. I don't approve any tags (I just go in once a month and say no to everything that's on the timeline request list)

Eventually people get tired of trying to tag you and just leave it alone.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:42 pm
@MMarciano,
Well, they probably won't find Morgan under his other account, so maybe that's what you need to do, re-register under different names and just let the people know you are really friends with and not 5000 acquaintances.
0 Replies

GrahamBn

Tue 15 Oct, 2013 03:29 am
@Butrflynet,
and don't forget to look among the friends of your new Facebookfriend..
0 Replies