Fleck 5600SE Ecominder, Fleck 7000SE or Ecowater System?

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 12:20 pm
SusiQ wrote:

I ordered our water system yesterday. I did go with the 2510SE after my husband looked at the manual and instructions. He said if he has to do work on it, he can do it and it we will be able to order pretty much all the parts for it.

Excellent choice!
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 12:59 pm
SusiQ wrote:
Thanks Gary for so much input from your side.
I ordered our water system yesterday. I did go with the 2510SE after my husband looked at the manual and instructions. He said if he has to do work on it, he can do it and it we will be able to order pretty much all the parts for it. The 7000SE looked a bit too "electronic" to him and I wasn't able to find the parts for it online.
Anyways we also did not go with the KDF media guard and added a Carbon pre-filter (GAC filter) to get rid of the Chlorine before it enters into the system.
I will make another water test tonight without the system and next week when the system is installed to see what the difference is.

Thanks
Susanne

You're welcome.

Careful with the prefilter, if you don't change the cartridge frequently enough, based on the pressure loss across it, you may harm the resin by not allowing proper pressure and flow for backwashes.

I don't know if you want to tell hubby but, the "electronics" on the 2510 is identical to the 7000SE and he should have gone with the mechanical metered 2510 which has none. BTW, the electronics (computer) in most control valves are as solid as the electronics and computers in a car or household appliances. Also, any dealer selling Autotrol, Clack, Erie or Fleck controls can get parts for the others. Did you buy the special tools for the 2510?

If you start getting an odor in your water, remove the carbon cartridge and sanitize the housing and the rest of the house to all fixtures after by-passing the softener, then when done, put it back in service and sanitize it. Then don't use the carbon filter anymore.

Good luck and enjoy your soft water. If you haven't had a softener before, remember to cut back on detergents shampoo etc. to about 1/4 of what you are accustomed to using. Especially in the dishwasher.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:16 pm
SusiQ wrote:
I did go with the 2510SE after my husband looked at the manual and instructions. He said if he has to do work on it, he can do it and it we will be able to order pretty much all the parts for it.

Good choice.

SusiQ wrote:
... and added a Carbon pre-filter (GAC filter) to get rid of the Chlorine before it enters into the system.

Make sure the filter housing has sufficient flow. You might need two housings in parallel.

Have you husband install pressure gauges before and after the filter housing(s) so he can see when there's a pressure drop across the filter and he'll know when it's time to change it.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:43 pm
OR... Install a 1.0 or 1.5 cubic foot coconut shell GAC filter with a Fleck 2510SE valve on it.
This will reduce Chlorine, filter debris and it's self cleaning. Rebed the GAC every 36 months and you are good to go.
Install this filter ahead of your new softener.

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 04:47 pm
Locked (based on exchanges on the previous page). See:
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2966776#2966776

My apologies to the consumer looking for information.
0 Replies

gbenitez

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:44 am
@SusiQ,
Please Help!! The ecowater company came to my house last night, told me that the system was going to cost me 6090.00 That is outrageous. How can I get it cheaper. I want the system, but not that price. Thank you
0 Replies

gbenitez

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:46 am
@H2O MAN,
I was told the price for the ecowater system was 6090. That is outragous. I tried to tell them i was not paying that much and tried to get lower, he would not budge. PLease advise what I should do. I want the system, but not at that price. Thank you knidly
Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 01:34 pm
@gbenitez,
I agree, very high rip off pricing. You can do the same job for thousands of dollars less. I suggest a correctly sized softener, with a Clack WS-1 control valve, based on your family size and the number of bathrooms and the type of fixtures in them. The important part in sizing is to get the constant SFR (service flow rating) gpm right. That's based on your household's max peak demand gpm.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:22 pm
@gbenitez,
Unfortunately it is impossible to duplicate an ECOwater system with a system built with a Fleck, Clack or other control valve.
Remove all of the perks from the deal (free soap etc...) and have them give you a greatly reduced price for the same system.
If they refuse to negotiate - you need to walk away from that deal and find a local independent water quality improvement
dealer that sells, installs and services what they sell at a fair price.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 04:26 am
@Gary Slusser,
Gary Slusser wrote:

Give me the lbs of salt per regeneration and the frequency of regenerations.

I agree, that's great to know. Any help here Gary?
Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 02:08 pm
@Andy CWS,
Andy I would be very glad to help you but I thought that CWS-II was supposed to teach you how to do this stuff. Maybe needing help is why you can't calculate the total weekly salt used by your Kinetico softeners.
Andy CWS

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:37 pm
@Gary Slusser,
Gary Slusser wrote:

Andy I would be very glad to help you but I thought that CWS-II was supposed to teach you how to do this stuff. Maybe needing help is why you can't calculate the total weekly salt used by your Kinetico softeners.

I have no wonderment on the workings of the Kinetico. Where are you getting that from? Have I not been exceedingly clear? I don't understand how you got your numbers...DUH!

I am asking you to explain what you claim. I am wondering why you can't, or won't do that.
0 Replies

Davethewaterdoctor

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:53 pm
EcoWater 3500 series is the best, most efficient, easy to maintain, state of the art water softener/condioner on the market. They use the least amount of water and salt compared to any system out there today! It comes with a wireless remote monitor that diplays REALTIME water usage information like WATER USED TODAY, AVERAGE DAILY USE, CAPACITY REMAINING IN % AND IN GALLONS, DAYS LEFT UNTIL SALT EMPTY, AND THE ABILITY TO CONTROL AND REGENERATE YOUR SYSTEM FROM ANYWHERE IN THE HOME! LIFETIME WARRANTY ON FIBERGLASS MINERAL TANK AND SALT TANK, 10YRS ON THE CONTROL VALVE, 5YRS ON THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL BOARD (WHICH CAN BE UPGRADED TO 10YRS WITH THE PERFECT 10 WARRANTY UPGRADE) AND THE ERR3500 REFINER WHICH IS BEST ON CITY WATER, REMOVES CHLORINE TASTE AND ODOR AND SOFTENS AND FILTERS YOUR WATER FOR THE WHOLE HOME ALL IN ONE UNIT, CARRIES A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE RESIN BED AND CARBON!
Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:41 am
@Davethewaterdoctor,
Oh WOW!! how does it do on private well water?

What do you charge for the largest city water version?

Is it true that Ecowater's 3500 series is just a better version of the Kenmore, GE and Whirlpool sold at the big box stores?
Davethewaterdoctor

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:08 pm
@Gary Slusser,
Gary, I have read all your posts and have no DESIRE whatsoever to bicker back and forth with you like you do with ANDY on what systems are the best! I service ALL systems! I carry the exact system that is a Kenmore, GE, Whirlpool, and Northstar.....It is called EcoPure 6130 and i sell them installed with tax out the door and filled with salt for $895-$995.

Notice how it is called ECOPURE AND NOT ECOWATER........ITS AN OFF BRAND! i dont sell very many because they break too much and i dont need to develop a REPUTATION for selling a PIECE OF S**T! They are only for shoppers! IF SOMEONE CALLS MY DEALERSHIP LOOKIN FOR "A BALLPARK" I SAY OUR SYSTEMS START AT $695 BUT WE HAVE OVER 30 PIECES OF EQUIPMENT AND "HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT SYSTEM IS BEST FOR YOU?" I WOULDNT BE DOING MY JOB IF I DIDNT GO OUT AND ACTUALLY TEST THE WATER AND RECOMMEND A SYSTEM FOR THAT PARTICULAR WATER CONDITION.......SIZE OF FAMILY AND TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR PLUMBING!

As you should know that EcoWater is the WORLDS LARGEST MANUFACTURER OF RESIDENTIAL WATER TREATMENT SYSTEMS....or maybe you didnt.........they manufacture 1 out of every 3 softeners sold in the US and 1 out of every 4 in the world! Warren Buffett would have never bought the company if it didnt make MONEY!

I sell the ERR 3502 Refiner (LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE RESIN AND CARBON...FROM ECOWATER NOT FROM ME) installed w/tax filled with salt and include the PERFECT 10 WARRANTY UPGRADE and 1yr free salt delivery for $3495.....It has a ................ONE OF A KIND................DUAL ROTOR VALVE and it is not ceramic like i have read on here.......ASIDE FROM A MOTOR(WHICH IS THE SAME SIZE MOTOR ON A FLECK 3900 INDUSTRIAL VALVE AND A MICRO SWITCH IT ONLY HAS 2 MOVING PARTS! UNLIKE A KINETICO THAT HAS LIKE 50 PARTS INSIDE THE VALVE AND IS LIKE TAKIN APART A WRIST WATCH! ).............. YOU NEED NO TOOLS TO WORK ON AN ECOWATER3500 SERIES VALVE! It has 2 teflon coated disks inside and is 1inch full flow.........BOTTOM LINE IT USES the least amount of SALT in the industry! Im sure you can agree with me that IDIOTS are wanting to buy these SALT FREE systems WHICH are NOT SOFTENERS ( BECAUSE THEY USE NO SALT) but in fact are supposed to reduce SCALE! THEY SHOULD NOT BE ADVERTISED AS SOFTENERS! I have many customers who call me sayin they do not work and after 5YRS they need to be RE-BEDDED with SCALE net media and new CARBON! MY COST ON THE SCALE NET MEDIA IS $100 per liter and it requires typically 3 litres and 1.5 cubes of carbon and with labor adds up to about $900-$1000 and the SALESMAN WHO SOLD IT NEVER INFORNED THE CUSTOMER OF THIS.

As far as a private well...........here in florida we use a FULL CHLORINATION SYSTEM with Flow switch.....120 gal retention tank....SOLUTION TANK......INJECTION PUMP.......UNIDOSE OR STENNER or PELLETT FEEDER.....1.5 cubes of carbon and a softener. ONLY IF THERE IS A TON OF IRON 10parts.....BACTERIAL IRON......HYDROGEN SULFIDE!

If there is minimal iron and h2s than we can use EcoWater's 2100 series IRON FILTER with pyrolux and carbon in it!

ALWAYS SELL YOUR CUSTOMER A RES-UP FEEDER AND A GALLON OF RES-UP REGARDLESS IF IT IS WELL OR CITY WATER! THEY WILL KEEP IN CONTACT WITH YOU MORE OFTEN WHEN "THEY RUN OUT OF THAT BLUE STUFF"

I SELL ECOWATER BECAUSE ITS MADE IN THE USA AND CARRIES THE BEST WARRANTY.....A (FACTORY WARRANTY). IT GENERATES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SERVICE CALLS AND USES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SALT!!!!!!.....IF ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS NEEDS A PART......I CALL THE FACTORY AND ITS MAILED TO ME THAT DAY! I DO CARRY MOST PART SO THAT ISNT ALWAYS NECESSARY.

What do you sell? WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

I do like the Clack WS-1 or fleck 7000 OR 5600 for those "shoppers" wating a "CHEAP" price.......I dont care what it is.......i can fix it!

One wise thing I have read on a forum is that" you pay more for warranty than on product"...................THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!

Everyone wants the "lowest prices" but "GOOD THIGS ARENT CHEAP AND CHEAP THINGS ARE USUALLY NO GOOD"!

BUYING A SYSTEM ON THE INTERNET IS A GOOD WAY TO GET "STUCK" WITH A PRODUCT WITH NO INSTALLATION OR SERVICE OR WARRANTY AND PARTS!

As long as you stay busy in this business then you are making a living and thats what its all about!!!!!!
0 Replies