Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 09:55 am
I bought my house with a Rainsoft system. Shortly after, the timer stopped and I called Rainsoft to see if it was still under waranty. Since I was not the original owner, it wasn't and cost about $250 to fix. About a year later, it happened again and another $250 to fix. Both times the repair man offered a new system that would be covered under a new waranty for about $1500 and both times I declined. Now the timer has gone again and I am sick of Rainsoft. They call every week asking if I need salt, even though we tell them to stop calling, but never once called to see how their service tech did. I have read a few posts from H20 man and am interested in changing the control unit on top. I have seen a few online for about $300. Are they standard sizes, or do I need to find one that will fit my tank and container?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,284 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 01:50 pm
@bsmith624,
what model Rainsoft is it? Mechanical timer unit? Rainsoft now has a digital board replacement for the mechanical timers. Do you have a service provider in your area? Rainsoft.com ,locate a dealer and find one with a wrench .
0 Replies

bsmith624

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 07:51 am
I do have a local Rainsoft dealer, but I am very unhappy with their service. They have been out twice in 2 years to fix the same problem ($250 each) and both times wanted to sell me a whole new unit b/c it would be covered under a full warranty. Then, they call me every week, usually early Sat. mornings, to sell me salt. I do appreciate your answer, but I just can not go back to Rainsoft again. Luckily my municipal water is not bad, just needs a little softening.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:31 am
@bsmith624,
Look for a plumbing supply house in your area that sells North Star softeners...

Here is the LINK to a web page showing the control valve conversion you mentioned.
bsmith624

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 06:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
Thank you. This is very helpful. I will look around for this.
0 Replies