Stupid Image on Startup

snood

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:18 am
I knew how to get rid of this once upon a time, but now I forgot...
What do you do if you had right-clicked a photo to have it set as the background on your desktop, but the only time you see it is for a few seconds, as your computer is starting up?

There is a checkbox somewhere that I can uncheck that says "show online content", or something like that, but I can't 'member where...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 788 • Replies: 5
No top replies

TTH

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:40 am
snood
I have a mac and without looking at a pc it makes it difficult for me, but if I remember correctly is it not in properties or preferences where you can change your settings?
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:26 am
Sounds like you have active desktop enabled as well as a normal desktop background.

Go into your display settings and disable active desktop.
Then change your normal background pic to nothing. Click OK.
Go back to display properties and reenable active desktop to go back to your more usual desktop picture which I assume you chose by right clicking on a web page somewhere and selected 'use as desktop background' ?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:45 pm
Heliotrope wrote:
Sounds like you have active desktop enabled as well as a normal desktop background.

Go into your display settings and disable active desktop.
Then change your normal background pic to nothing. Click OK.
Go back to display properties and reenable active desktop to go back to your more usual desktop picture which I assume you chose by right clicking on a web page somewhere and selected 'use as desktop background' ?

When I go into "display properties" in control panel, I don't see any way to disable active desktop. Which is weird because I should be able to see something there.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 07:02 pm
Isn't there a web option?

I don't have a pc in front of me so that is my last suggestion. I hope you can fix it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:30 am
Snood,

Close all open windows or navigate to your desktop, which ever one works easier for you. Place your mouse pointer on the desktop and right-click. A menu pops up, click on Properties at the bottom of the list. The display properties for your PC will now be shown. Click on the Desktop tab and then select None or some other image to be displayed as your desktop image.

If that doesn't solve the problem, let me know and I'll give you another place to check.
0 Replies