Bull run in Pamplona Spain - WHY?

roger

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 12:54 pm
Prove you're fit to breed. The plains Indians used to have sun dances, and some still do. Now, that'll prove how tough you are.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 01:03 pm
Please tell us what is the sun dance?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:00 pm
Chai--

I'm with you on the Testosterone Factor.

From a Male Point of View, Running With the Bulls is a time of intense reality, far more vital than humdrum routine.

We, Jane. Them, Tarzan.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 04:45 am
roger wrote:
Prove you're fit to breed. The plains Indians used to have sun dances, and some still do. Now, that'll prove how tough you are.

Is that the one where they hang you up from hooks by your pectorals?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:20 am
roger wrote:

But Roger, haven't we evolved beyond that yet? And lemme tell ya....if my man was intentionally running down a narrow steet with a bunch of bulls I would seriously wonder whether he was fit to breed with!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 07:11 am
I don't think it has anything to do with evolution. I mean, as a species, we should be beyond WAR at this stage and yet, here we are in the midst of one.

Boys will be boys. forever. Someone said earlier that it's the nature of the beast and i think that just about sums it all up.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 07:25 am
eoe wrote:
I don't think it has anything to do with evolution. I mean, as a species, we should be beyond WAR at this stage and yet, here we are in the midst of one.
Boys will be boys. forever. Someone said earlier that it's the nature of the beast and i think that just about sums it all up.

Then I'd say it's time to get a lot more women in power because this "boys will be boys" crap is growing old.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 07:26 am
I hear ya.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 08:08 am
eoe wrote:

A lot more than just one... All over the world Islamic militants are starting wars against the infidels. It's fight back or live under Sharia law. I for one choose to fight any way I can.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 08:09 am
happycat wrote:

Then I'd say it's time to get a lot more women in power because this "boys will be boys" crap is growing old.

What are you going to do, just give up? Islam looks at women like second class citizens - you may run the household, but you'll never hold office, or a decent job for that matter.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 08:17 am
If it is a method to relieve aggressiveness (or testosterone, if you will), then perhaps we should make it mandatory for certain people to run with the bulls, particularly certain politicians.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 08:33 am
And a few A2Kers as well.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 08:35 am
Just because you've done it ....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:16 pm
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4v4u8vs

URL=http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_top/20070714_Brothers_are_Hemingway_heroes.html]Online report @ philly.com[/URL]
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:25 pm
I've read Walter's stories dozens of times:

Brothers are Hemingway heroes
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:43 pm
Thaks for fixing the links, Francis :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 01:52 pm
I saw that story in the morning newspaper. I'm betting that their mother is wondering whether she raised a pair of idiots.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:43 pm
Francis wrote:

Quote:
Now, maybe the American PCs gonna find a mean to lower the testosterone levels of other countries' men...

Sacre Bleu!

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CattitudeT.jpg
0 Replies