What do you think?

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:53 am
So, like, take a pork loin roast, and put it in a cassarole with a cover. Pour enough lime juice on top to cover the top of the roast, then pour about one inch of tomato juice into the cassarole. Cover, and put in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees, and roast for a minimum of 90 minutes, but at least 45 minutes per pound of the roast.

Meanwhile, in a skillet on the stop top, in olive oil, put two medium onions, thinly sliced, and four cloves of garlic, thinly sliced, and about eight radishes, finely chopped. Thinly slice two stalks of celery, and set aside. Brown the onions (allowing the radishes to carmelize), then add one and half pounds of truffles, thinly sliced, and one and half cups of red wine. Reduce the red wine, and set aside.

When the pork is done, take it out of the cassarole and set aside to cool briefly (put a foil tent over the pork so that it doesn't cool too much). Pour off the excess fat from the contents of the cassarole, then add the tomato juice to the red wine reduction, along with the celery, and reduce the mixture until the celery is cooked, but still crisp. Slice the pork into roughly half-inch slices, and bed on mashed potatoes, pouring the red wine/tomato juice reduction over the pork and potatoes.

Does that sound like a good, but simple meal? Or . . . (wait for it) . . . do you think that's too much truffle?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,528 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ilovepenguins

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 09:20 am
if you put it in front of me, it would be gone in a second
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 09:34 am
Why Setanta your bark is worth than your bite
(probably due to ehBeth Very Happy)

Simple uh huh okay sure Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
Simple to me = microwave
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:32 am
The recipe sounds fantastic to me, but I don't have a clue about the truffles. I suspect that's too much, maybe even waaaaay too much, but don't know.
I was looking up truffle recipes for a thread that Green Witch had on them recently, and seem to remember them calling for three or four.... I don't know what that comes to re ounces and pounds.

Ah, here's one of the recipes I put on that thread -
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2732068#2732068
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:18 pm
(he's still laughing ... too much truffle ... <snort>)

it's actually a dang good recipe - and no truffle without the truffles

Laughing

I'll have my radishes on the side, as a salad.

I'd like my mash to be made with a mixture of root veggies. Preferably one of Ricardo's recipes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:22 pm
Oh, well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:27 pm
I think he's been waiting for the perfect setting for that pun Cool
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:33 pm
How much would a pound and a half of truffles cost?
0 Replies