Parallel Cable Connection - Possible Solution

CDobyns

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 09:40 am
I've been trying to mastermind a Parallel Cable Connection (PCC) between an older desktop computer and a slightly newer laptop, which are both running Windows98. I'm 100% certain I have the correct high-speed parallel cable, and I've been successful with with this in the past, but not with these two exact computers.

I've been having trouble where the connection seems to be initiated between Guest and/or Host and then the connection drops off right after the ". . . verifing name password . . ." message flashes.

Been also have a similar problem with an attempted connection between the desktop and a Windows XP laptop, but I'm less familiar with the XP operating system, but I think it may be a similar problem lurking out there.

I know you must you the same type of ports (the cable connectors obviouslytell you this), but I'm wondering if it's a problem with the type of parallel port that's configured. I know the desktop is configured with the ECP/EPP port, and I can't remember what the laptop that I used to connect with was configured at, but don't the other Guest/Host laptops I'm trying to connect to/with also have to have that ECP/EPP port configuration (which I know is accessed through the BIOS setup)? That might explain why the connection tries to come up and then drops off and disconnects? Am I barking up the right tree? (woof, woof, . . . )
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 684 • Replies: 0
No top replies