justalurker wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
Rolling Eyes Uncontrollable DIYerrhea

Na, more like oral hemroids

Maybe DIYerrhea of the mouth :wink:
0 Replies

jasolution

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 08:42 am
Alright guys, all this back & forth stuff is just polluting the forums...just like my water. Wink

Anyway, the service tech came out today and determined that the cam had broken, so it was missing part of the cycle. He replaced the cam, so now I'll start a cycle tonight to see if that did the trick.

Jason
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 06:02 pm
jasolution wrote:

the service tech came out today and determined that the cam had broken, so it was missing part of the cycle.
He replaced the cam, so now I'll start a cycle tonight to see if that did the trick.

Jason, I'm glad your system is up and running again Cool

I do have a question, did you see this broken cam? The reason I ask is that in all my years I have never seen one break.
I have seen a RF cam wrongly installed on a softener cause the problems you had, but never a broken cam.

Just curious ... and again, I'm glad the tech fixed it for you.
0 Replies

jasolution

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 08:24 pm
Actually, I didn't see the cam. He diagnosed it by starting a regeneration cycle that runs in an accelerated mode (the timer counts down in seconds instead of minutes), and then noticed that it was skipping a portion of the cycle.

Whether the cam was actually broken or not, I'm not sure since I didn't see it. But his exact words were "the cam is broken."

I'll be starting a regeneration cycle tonight before I go to bed, so in the morning I'll know for sure whether it's really fixed.

Jason
0 Replies

Mower

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:57 pm
Rainsoft Water salty after regeneration
I have the same problem, my water is salty after regeneration. But my cam is not "broken" unless there is something worn out on it. The tabs you were talking about, they can also cause this? Because I don't have a lot of money and I already bought a new Kenmore water softener that will do 42 grains. The only problem is the rainsoft has a carbon bed in it and will take out a lot of the smell from my water. So, are the tabs a cheap thing to replace? I cannot get a service tech in Because the closest one is 5 hours away and wants $500 just to come and look at the thing. So, any help to fix the Q2 would be much appreciated.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 07:54 pm
The tabs could be part of the problem, but O rings and water
pressure are more likely the cause.

All parts for brass RainSoft valves are very hard to find.
I am currently attempting to secure a supply of shut off tabs.
0 Replies

Mower

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:48 am
Rainsoft water salty after regeneration
I have replaced the three o rings on the cam, but I haven't on anthing else. I just ran the cycle again and after every second time, the ball in the tri-gard is stuck at the top. Should I be able to move the tabs on my own? I will try the dealer to see if he can ship some out to me. As for water pressure, I can get around 5 gals a min.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:12 am
Re: Rainsoft water salty after regeneration
Mower wrote:
I have replaced the three o rings on the cam, but I haven't on anthing else. I just ran the cycle again and after every second time, the ball in the tri-gard is stuck at the top. Should I be able to move the tabs on my own? I will try the dealer to see if he can ship some out to me. As for water pressure, I can get around 5 gals a min.

I suggest replacing the 2 small O rings on the brine injector first.
0 Replies

Mower

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:37 pm
Rinsoft water salty
I know I should know this, but where is the brine injector? I cannot get the manual for this particular one from Rainsoft so they are getting a Q2 users manual for me, I don't know if it has a schematic of the valve.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:46 pm
Re: Rinsoft water salty
Mower wrote:
I know I should know this, but where is the brine injector? I cannot get the manual for this particular one from Rainsoft so they are getting a Q2 users manual for me, I don't know if it has a schematic of the valve.

Open this PDF RainSoft Amazon Owners Manual

Look for part number 23-A and the associated small parts.

HTH ~
0 Replies

Mower

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
Rainsoft water salty
I took the injector out and it was clogged really bad, so I cleaned it up a bit and put on some new o rings (ones from the hardware store) I don' think they were just as big tho. A new injector is only going to cost me around $20 for the whole thing. I will probably just order that and hopefully that will fix up the problem. Thanks H2O_MAN for your help. It will probably be another week before I get the part in and I will let you know what happens
0 Replies

Mower

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 01:27 pm
Rainsoft water salty
Ok, I replaced the injector tabs and the whole injector, but the water is still salty. I cannot find any leaks in the line to the salt tank. I was wondering where the float in the tank should be, would that have something to do with it? Any help would be much appreciated
0 Replies