sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 05:01 pm
I can fix it I think just not in the few minutes before I want to have tonight's dinner ready.

Speaking of which... (I've been buzzing back and forth, time to do the final prep, ended up with a kind of yummy-looking potato and grape tomato and fresh basil side...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:18 am
By the way, the steak turned out GREAT! Thanks, Chai. I just used my Revereware pan. I put on the kosher salt, and then just before putting it in the pan I blotted off the moisture from the steaks (thanks, Osso), and then (this was all me, seemed to work though) rubbed some oil directly on the steak and then put that in the pan. It smoked a bit but not much since the oil was trapped under the steak. Then just flipped it over, as some of the fat in the steak had come out by that time.

The pan was pretty blackened by the time I was finished but I put some water in it to soak right away and it washed off, no problem at all.

The steaks tasted really good, and the improvised salad turned out to be a great accompaniment. (Baby potatoes, fresh basil, grape tomatoes, fresh lemon juice [as in from a lemon], olive oil, salt, pepper.)

Thanks again...! I really appreciate how quick the advice was, too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:50 am
Quickie bookmark, will be back later -- fruit juice (unsweetened), a little salt and garlic and that'll often be enough. If you want to cut out salt, Lawry's is usually okay, check labels.

Fruits (lime, lemon, orange)
aromatics (garlic, onion, shallots)
salt

^try these in various combos
0 Replies