Gay James Bond

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 08:10 pm
Lose part of an audience, gain a part of an audience? However, that's simply a trade-off. Is the intention to create a brilliant script including a bi-sexual relationship tha ist sensitively told? Or just the sensationalism of the prospect?

The scoring could be fascinating. Some movies have pop music, some have opera, some jazz thesems but this Bond will have show-stoppers from Broadway shows. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:12 am
It makes a certain amount of sense to me. Charisma and sex appeal are a big part of how he gets things done -- would he really get all prudish if the opportunity to seduce and conquer presented itself in the person of a man?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:44 am
sozobe wrote:
It makes a certain amount of sense to me. Charisma and sex appeal are a big part of how he gets things done -- would he really get all prudish if the opportunity to seduce and conquer presented itself in the person of a man?

Yes, he would. I don't think you have watched enough Bond. James Bond is completely unprofessional. He is a man's man. Not only would he not seduce another man to save the British government, but he would seduce a woman at the expense of the British government.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:59 am
Hmm, you may have a point.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:00 am
Maybe it's time to take it off-the-map -- the formula has become formulaic to a fault and needs some shaking up. At least something will be shaking up. The bed -- they'd better anchor it to the wall. I lost two expense end table lamps one time.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:16 am
Lightwizard I think maybe it's time you and I took this off the proverbial map and into the proverbial back alley where I will proceed to kick your ass for continuing to fan the flames of my eternal rage with your brokeback comments about senor bond...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:25 am
You started it. Be careful -- JB might just find you and whop you across the cheeks with his beaded bag.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:26 am
Not all gay men are camp, pink lycra wearing, YMCA dancing stereotypes.
Some are incredibly masculine!!

I think it would show Bonds power if there were a gay scene, espcially if it were with an equally sexually attractive actor.

Saying that id prefer to see Bond kick ass, not .............
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:30 am
You we're on the right track at first, but I think we don't know if he's a top.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 12:52 pm
This thread is very funny.. Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 02:38 pm
Some people take it too seriously if there's a gay-themed anything. That makes it funny to begin with.

I don't know what they'd do if lavender colored ice cream turned up in store freezers. The flavor would likely be Tele-Tubby Vanilla.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 02:49 pm
who cares what or who he does? for all i care, he can just walk around for hour and a half.

http://www.rainbow.at/presse/files/1166078720.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 02:51 pm
Well, in that shot, he sure resembles Tab Hunter (with a little hunkier build).
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 03:44 pm
In that case I'll gladly watch Tab Hunter walk around in swimming trunks for hour and a half, too.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:48 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
In that case I'll gladly watch Tab Hunter walk around in swimming trunks for hour and a half, too.

I don't thinkTab Hunter looks like that these days, though?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:28 pm
I'll be happy to watch old movies, too. I'm easy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 08:00 am
Is he insane?

James Bond, gay?

That sort of ruins the whole Bond image, doncha think?

I mean, hello they have a whole gaggle of women named after him (the Bond girls).

He's the epitome of masculinity and all things testosterone. If he turns even a bit gay, it sort of goes against everything he's ever been.

And I have nothing against gays either. But it would be like making Bond suddenly a women....it just isn't the way it was meant to be.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 08:14 am
Don't panic -- from what I've read, Bond is not becoming gay. He has a bisexual encounter (well, at least on his part -- the other man could be gay). That doesn't make a man gay, it can be a combination of circumstance, curiousity and a good sales pitch. Or he can find himself inexplicably attracted to the character Jeffrey plays or it might not even be anything but a scene between two other characters. Not enough detail other the the rumor.

\\http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/2006090600374394
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 08:18 am
Wait a minute... So this is actually happening? Not just some rumors?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 08:19 am
It's a rumor.
0 Replies