The Reverend returns to the UK.

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:27 pm
Just got back from seeing the great Al Green,again,at the Royal Albert Hall,but this time I was accompanied my my daughter Sarah (her firs time seeing The Reverend).He was,as usual,on top form but what put the icing on the cake was that the great Candi Staton was the "warm up" act.
Our vocal cords are sore from all the singing,our hands are sore from all the clapping but the smile on our faces ars stretching from ear to ear Very Happy .
He's in Manchester on the 29th,Birmingham on the 4th of July and back in London at The Apollo on July 6th.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 810 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:11 am
For some reason, barrythemod, I thought Candi Stanton was dead (!?) don't know where I got that from.

Glad to hear you had a good time.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 12:26 pm
Sorry about the bad spelling but I was buzzing when I posted.
Just as the lights went down prior to Candi Staton's "warm up" set,I remarked,to Sarah,that there was,surprisingly,a large number of seats without bums on them.Strange,because the ticket touts outside were only offering to buy spare tickets and not one of them were selling!
Any way,after CS's second song,every seat in the house was filled.Maybe these "bar-liggers" didn't recognize her name or just thought she was a "has been", but I have NEVER seen a better "warm up" act ever.By the time Mr Green hit the stage,the Hall was mega-buzzing.

P.S. Due to me taking my eye off the ball,I missed out on getting a ticket to see Smokey Robinson.Can anyone help me get one?
Fingers crossed :wink:
0 Replies