Girl to receive 60 lashes for illicit sex

squinney

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:55 am
Six months that he won't serve.

And, I assume you mean no punishment for sex between consenting adults, not everyone.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:10 am
Well, yeah, I mean consensual between adults (or children) but not between an adult and a child and not rape. Sorry, thought that was self-explanatory.

I don't know if he'll serve the 6 months or not and I certainly don't think the sentences are even close to equitable. Violent punishments should always be reserved for violent acts (like murder) and it's sick that people actually still get sentenced to beating.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:20 am
Yes, I knew what you meant. I just wanted to clarify real quick before someone came along that agreed with you and meant otherwise. Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 04:00 pm
He originally got 6 months, then the decision was overturned. The islamic religion's influence was at the very core of the decisions made. I've been trying to find out if the sentence was carried out, but all my searches lead to the original story.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 03:57 am
I agree that it's ridiculous and cruel.

To girls and women, most certainly. To the men as well (each who raises their son to believe such laws make good sense, son). Deliberately breeding men with poor impulse control, anger, scape goats for their own responsibilities.

If you think about it, these men worship their women. To the extreme.

Women are so powerful they can make a man mad with one flick of the wrist. Little girls, too.

Balance, people, balance.

And the women who continue to hide and be allies in the murder of their children. That's disguisting. It's just another form of child abuse.

I honestly don't know if the west is any better, really. Let's be honest. It's a cesspool too of various abuse and mental disease.

It just makes me sad that another kid is getting the severe end of these adults self-loathing and lack of personality responsibility, yet again...
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 08:50 am
Wilso wrote:
What they are is f@cking animals.

Well they certainly could not be classified as plants or minerals now could they?
0 Replies

athelete518

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 10:06 pm
i agree. that's horrible, the guy is obviously at more fault. however i do not like how many comments are saying this is religion as a whole. these beliefs are strictly islam, and as a faithful christian, i would state that if society were of the christian belief, we'd have a lot better man/woman equality.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 11:19 pm
athelete518 wrote:
i agree. that's horrible, the guy is obviously at more fault. however i do not like how many comments are saying this is religion as a whole. these beliefs are strictly islam, and as a faithful christian, i would state that if society were of the christian belief, we'd have a lot better man/woman equality.

Better than what? Islam? That is not saying much. In the western world equality for women has come in spite of Christianity, not because of it.

Paul wrote:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:01 pm
I haven't been able to find anything that says that the man's sentence was overturned. Can anybody provide a link?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 07:01 pm
msolga wrote:
I once asked a (strong, feisty) female Muslim fellow-worker why there was so much emphasis on women protecting men from "temptation" in her religion & culture. Her response: because they're completely stupid & have no self control! (I think she half had her tongue in her cheek! :wink: ) But having had lots of personal contact with Muslims in workplaces & in my own community, I think I can safely say that I haven't come across any who'd approve of this young girl's punishment. This is extremist, fundamentalist stuff that many would find distressing & embarrassing.

My Muslim friends have similar attitude. Just because this sick stuff happens, that doesn't mean that every last Muslim agrees with it and wants it that way.

The article Wilso posted says the man was acquitted of adultery, but is serving 6 months in jail (there are other charges than just illicit sex here). I didn't see anything that would indicate he was let go free.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 07:37 pm
I can't find it now, but I clearly read that his sentence was overturned. Even if it wasn't, does that somehow justify this incredible barbarism?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 07:50 pm
Nope. But we should be careful to make sure we get our facts straight.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 01:31 pm
I havn't read this thread yet, but it seems from its title that for the crime of illicit sex a girl was turned over to an SM pervert for 60 lashes. Go figure.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 02:38 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I havn't read this thread yet, but it seems from its title that for the crime of illicit sex a girl was turned over to an SM pervert for 60 lashes. Go figure.

A 14-year-old girl.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 09:02 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 06:44 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I don't know much about Muslim law (biblically)...is this a man made law or one made by god? Or one of those that was never meant to be taken literally?
I rather like the idea of laws written never to be taken literally.
0 Replies