special paints

nurit

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:32 pm
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for special paints from which I can create "moving" paintings. I want to blend the paints in a bowl of water placed on an overhead projector and project the painting on a screen. I'm looking for liquid and transparent paints that can float on the water in the bowl.
Does any of you know such paints?
Please???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,093 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:56 pm
well oil paint floats on water - that is how marbled paper is created.

It might be worth experimenting with transparent colours like rose madder, aureolin yellow and pthalo blue mixed with linseed oil to thin it and swirled gently on top of the water.

Opaque colours won't have the effect you are after so check the transparency rating on the colour charts.

Good luck! it sounds interesting.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 03:25 pm
Hi Nourit,

I've tried many of these ideas, they might work for you although, I don't know of any specific paints.

You could try glass paints, when the paint's dry it resembles stained glass but most are fairly opaque until dried. Great medium for painting over a light source, blending ect.

Mix water and a few drops of dishsoap in a bowl, then pour or drip the paint in slowly - or smear it on a flat, glass surface a few inches above the hot light bulb.

Coloured gelatin - jello and/or tinted hair gel either buy pre-mixed or blend them yourself.

Have Fun.
Ceili
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 04:05 pm
Nurit - i thought you wanted the paints to keep moving whilst being projected? is that what you mean?
0 Replies

nurit

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 02:33 pm
Thanks a lot, everyone! I'll try it and
tell you what happened.
0 Replies

nurit

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:28 pm
Vivien,
you understood me. I want the paints to move while being projected. I'd like my audience to watch them moving and changing shape and mixtures.
And thanks on advance.
0 Replies

nurit

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 03:29 pm
Anymore ideas? I tried
some of your suggestions, but I'm looking for liquid paints, which I can blend and mix - and create real moving pictures.

Do you know anymore ideas??? Laughing
0 Replies