Seat belt SCAM

jclbiz

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 03:30 pm
Anyone know the real reason behind this? Obviously it is "extortion" under color of law, its a great source of 'revenue' for the criminals that we call Gov. Also a serious violation of our 4th amd. rights. Did we waive that right when we signed the adhesion contract "aka as the drivers license? Do the "corp" states own the insur. co's and theirby have a vested interest "since they incorporate co's in their juristdiction"? So as to reduce their "payout"? Double fines in cone zones? Oh yes!!!! I know, its all in the name of public saftey. Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,287 • Replies: 38
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 09:30 pm
Awwww. Did somebody get a ticket?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 05:03 am
If you want to get technical, IMO it really is not the government's right to tell a person that he must wear a seat belt. Unlike speed limits, which involve the saafety of general public, the non-user of seat belts should have the ability to choose whether he wants to strap in. If he is in an accident, and flies through the windshield, IMO, it is his own business.

On the other hand, it is a very small part of our creeping nanny government. In the scheme of things though, it is no big deal to put on a seat belt. I think that there are other, more important issues of blatant government intrusion, that need to be addressed before this rather inconsequential issue.

BTW, I would never dream of starting my car without using a seat belt, whether the government mandated it or not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 05:12 am
Re: Seat belt SCAM
jclbiz wrote:
Anyone know the real reason behind this? Obviously it is "extortion" under color of law, its a great source of 'revenue' for the criminals that we call Gov. Also a serious violation of our 4th amd. rights. Did we waive that right when we signed the adhesion contract "aka as the drivers license? Do the "corp" states own the insur. co's and theirby have a vested interest "since they incorporate co's in their juristdiction"? So as to reduce their "payout"? Double fines in cone zones? Oh yes!!!! I know, its all in the name of public saftey. Question

Do you realize how much government money gets wasted, scraping up the remains of those who refuse to strap on their seat belts? Not to mention the investigations and reports. Reams of paperwork. Seems if you want to use a public accessway, you ought to be subject to rules of safety, and the public is the government. Before there were seat belts and the like, innocent dhildren rolled around in vehicles, banging into dash boards and anything else in their path. Unsuspecting passengers, perhaps dozing, suddenly flung through windshields.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 06:33 am
Re: Seat belt SCAM
jclbiz wrote:
Did we waive that right when we signed the adhesion contract "aka as the drivers license?
Quote:

Don't go making up "rights" when they don't exist. You didn't give up any rights because you never had any such right to begin with.

A driver's license is a privilege granted by the state that allows you to operate a motor vehicle on public roads. If you don't like the seat belt laws then don't drive on public roads.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 06:57 am
I'm with fishin all the way on this one.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 07:21 am
i'm with fishin too !
but unfortunately there are still plenty of people who think that it's not their problem if they get tossed out of the car in an accident and police/ambulance crews/firefighters have to deal with the mess .
must be a "god-given" right - perhaps should consider removing brakes from cars too - try "engine braking" , saves the cost of having brakes installed .
(not in a happy mood after reading iraq and afghanistan threads - have to take my frustation out on someone Evil or Very Mad .. feeling so much better now Very Happy ).
hbg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 07:47 am
Ok, so here's another thought. last year I was stopped and given a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. this ticket called for a court hearing rather than just a mail in fine. I was not charged with nor given any other reason for being stopped. The D.A. threw out the ticket on the basis that in this state seat belt non-use is only a secondary violation and as I had no primary violation (speeding/running a stop sign etc) there was no legal justification for stopping me in the first place. I was driving a red Porsche and I have long hair so I considered this "ticket" mere harassment.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:24 am
I am one of those who can't stand being strapped into anything, so I have a problem with the belt.

A young man was in an accident near my house recently and it's a good thing a neighbour ran out quickly enough to cut the belt that was choking the young man to death. She saved his life.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:39 am
I've heard of seatbelts causing injuries too, but the fact is for every life lost, there's a thousand saved. They've been conclusively proven to be the best and most effective safety device ever installed in motor vehicles.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:40 am
Then why aren't there seat belts in school buses?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:42 am
i need to vent about police, again.

get pulled over, cop asks me "have you been to jail?" in like 16 different formats before i snapped back "no, and in 10 seconds when you ask me again guess what, STILL NO."

Then he starts with some seatbelt ****, talkin about my attitude and my body language and how he knows somethings up.( even going as far as rude remarks about my lazy eye!) i mean comeon threaening a k-9 unit? for what? i keep my drugs at the house jackass. Smile

The whole time i was just hoping this retard would get hit by a truck, jk , but almost. i guess he wasnt happy with my 1 word answers, i mean he asked have i been to jail, i said no, he asked again i said no, i mean it went on for like 5 minutes! at first i thought he was joking around.

COP "so then why are you so nervous?"
ME (on the inside) "BECAUSE I HAVE 2 IGNORANT ROBOTIC MINDED PEOPLE WITH PISTOLS WHO CANT THINK FOR THEMSELVES AND WHO ARE OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO PUT ME IN JAIL RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW LOOKING LIKE THEY ARE READY TO PULL ME OUT OF MY CAR AND BEAT MY ASS DOWN, THATS WHY YOU **** FACE!"

The other cop cant even hear me and he just starts in "whats the problem with your friend over there? WHYS HE GETTIN AN ATTITUDE?" i mean i wanted to burst, i just wanted to start kicking him in the face screaming " STFU STFU STFU! NONONO, i havent been to jail, EVER. YES, i had my ******* seatbelt on the whole time , i am going to work, NO I HAVENT BEEN ARRESTED BEFORE, NO, NOPE, I STILL HAVENT BEEN TO JAIL YET SORRY, still no you idiot!"

It was like they wanted me to say something specific, i swear is was like they wanted me to say something to give them cause to search the car or someshit. i wasnt really paying attention after i realised how dull the cops were, but i could tell they were trying to manipulate me with their words.
Which doesnt work on me, sorry piggies.

And another time thE cops asked ME AND MY FRIEND "so how do two boys like you make it in a neighbhorhood like this?, i mean i would have a weapon with me at all times in this area" "Your sure you dont have any knives?, its not a big deal you can show me" i wanted to be like WTF! "i seriously should carry a knife, but thanks to bastards like you trying to imprison me with lame attempts at verbal judo, i dont carry one because currently you are more of a threat to me than a mugger, and thats a fact mr pigofficer!"

Hopefully i can move soon so the cops wont target me for being poor anymore. stupid fucks.

/endrantventing

on a cheerier note at least im still record free, despite the police attempts at finding any reason at all to incarcerate me. I WIN!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:46 am
Good thing you were wearing your seatbelt Laughing

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:47 am
If ever there was a non-issue this has got to be it. Putting on a seat belt takes 2 seconds. And it could save your life. chill out
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:49 am
Montana wrote:

A lot of our buses here do have seatbelts now.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:51 am
Yeah, it may take 2 seconds, but if you can't stand being confined, you're dealing with it as long as it's on.

I wear it when I go into the city, but only because I can't afford a ticket and I feel trapped the whole drive.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:51 am
Wilso wrote:
Montana wrote:

A lot of our buses here do have seatbelts now.

I've never seen one, but if I ever do, I'll shut up Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:06 am
YEAH!

I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL WTF TOO!

I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM PIG? YOU TRYIN' TO HASSLE ME OR SOMETHING?

LIKE I'M WEARIN' MY F'ING SEATBELT AND ALL MY DRUGS ARE AT MY F'ING HOUSE SO WHY DON'T YOU 2 PIGS JUST CHILL OUT?

God, every time that happens to me I get so tense.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:23 am
Chai wrote:
YEAH!

I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL WTF TOO!

I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM PIG? YOU TRYIN' TO HASSLE ME OR SOMETHING?

LIKE I'M WEARIN' MY F'ING SEATBELT AND ALL MY DRUGS ARE AT MY F'ING HOUSE SO WHY DON'T YOU 2 PIGS JUST CHILL OUT?

God, every time that happens to me I get so tense.

<snork>
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:39 am
stop following me around boomerang, or I'm gonna tell everyone your password.
0 Replies