SUMMERTIME ROLLS! Wildclickers Thread #79

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:10 pm
It seems like sometimes you just have to live and wait for those moments when everyting comes together just right.

That sounds like a pretty good day and a pretty good song.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:05 am
Good Morning all from the middle of the week... Very Happy

Merry Andrew and I have clicked.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:14 pm
Click Very Happy

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/4769976-md.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 05:07 pm
Fantastic pic - you can really feel the fun.

~~~~

You and your 300 friends have supported 2,761,894.0 square feet!

~~~~

Take me out to the ball game
Take me out to the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks
I don't care if I ever get back
And it's root, root, root
for the home team
If they don't win, it's a shame
Cause it's one, two, three strikes
You're out
At the old ball game.

... my favourite summer movie? Field of Dreams

~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1846 63.403 acres
0 Replies

ul

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:29 am
Summer in the city- and the kids play where water is. Such fun to watch them in New York playing around the opened hydrants.

Today another day with 34 C in Vienna. So a shady spot at a murmuring creek in the forest was very welcome today. AH!
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7879/img1903bs5.jpg
0 Replies

ul

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:55 am
Three hours later

a creek in the street and we are down to 17C.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4905/img0469xg3.jpg
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 11:33 am
Amigo and ul, you two are great photographers - thanks for the pix..

Amigo - you should submit your work to a bunch of magazines for publication. That's a great shot. You are located where there are many possible really good human interest shots to be had. Don't forget to get their signature on paper - that's important to publish. I'd say go get some up close and personal shots of MS 13 - but, you would probably get killed trying.......
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:59 pm
Rain and heavy thunderstorms since two days (~ 17°C).

In our contry, for the first time since 59 years, we've got breeding storks again: breeding in an eyry which was originally 'constructed' by gray herons. But they were thrown out by the storks.
Interestingly this was only noticed when some biologists were mapping a natural ressort. (Seems to be quite unusual for storks to have nests in trees, though.)
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:17 pm
Wonderful photos!

The weathers consistent, 90 degree temps, lots of sunshine with light breezes.

The American River originates in the high Sierra Nevada just west of Lake Tahoe, in the Tahoe and El Dorado National Forests. On its way to Sacramento, the river offers rafting, swimming, wildlife photography, boating, or quiet times, a favorite place for relaxing.
http://www.theamericanriver.com/upphotos/pageimage_imginfo_17.jpg
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 05:20 pm
Stradee, Sounds like you are in the 'best' area - 'So Far.' The summer is in TX now and temps are arising....

I bet our Andrew is having some hot times about now..... Very Happy

Weatherwise that is...... :shock

Because the further South he goes - the higher the temp - and, more bugs - of all kinds....... Shocked

My Vet calls them insects..... Very Happy

I do have to say - this year - so far - I have seen MORE snakes to this date this year than I have seen in all the 15 yrs I've been back in NE TX.... Shocked

There are not only more snakes - there are more insects. Insects are the most numerous and adaptive creatures on earth.

World, this is NE TX calling - We have a problem.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 06:07 pm
danon5 wrote:
Amigo and ul, you two are great photographers - thanks for the pix..

Amigo - you should submit your work to a bunch of magazines for publication. That's a great shot. You are located where there are many possible really good human interest shots to be had. Don't forget to get their signature on paper - that's important to publish. I'd say go get some up close and personal shots of MS 13 - but, you would probably get killed trying.......
Sorry to tell you Danon ehat I got those off the web. Embarrassed

Click.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:29 pm
A beyouteafull start to summer here in Tranna.

The temperature's just perfect, around 24 celsius. I could cope with it if never got any hotter than this.

~~~

You and your 300 friends have supported 2,762,268.6 square feet!

~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1847 63.409 acres

~~~

http://dingo.care2.com/photos/5/5586b.gif
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:14 pm
Yikes, Dan!

Do not stroll outdoors unless feetsies wearing boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:02 pm
Great Thanks, Stradee, I'm wearing "Whatever."

Nobody cares any how.

We each are only concerned about ourselves - - - and, in your case, maybe a few people around them.

I really think you are one of the caring people.

Who actually care about the world about them.

And, or course, all the rest of the Wildclickers.!!

"let's Roll!!"

What a legacy.

I have no idea what the last thoughts of my friends in Vietnam were.

They died just the same.

So many wars - So little guidance.

So much profit.

Who's getting rich??
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 12:28 am
Embarrassed

aww, what a nice thing to say, Dan!

People care. Its the world and stresses that have a way of forcing a retreat of sorts - and who can blame them, especially those who fought for what they thought was a just cause - or those who without regard for their own safety, took up the gauntlet for their nation, their families, their way of life and because they cared, also paid the ultimate price.

Who's getting wealthy? It sure isn't the families who lost children to war, or those who were destined to survive who left portions of their bodies at the battlefield.

Unfortunately, the earth will not soon be rid of the insanity of those that incite destruction and carnage for profit.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:34 am
TGIF Stradee, it's another day to click for a tree.

Excessive demographics have in actually lab tests been determined to cause violence. More people - more aggravation.

And, with all the diverse opinions in the world - everyone is right - just ask them............ Shocked Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

ul

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 08:09 am
It seems unusual for storks to breed in trees, but if you walk along the river March- which is the border between Austria and Slowakia- you can watch huge colonies of storks breeding in trees.
Amazing when you see this for the first time- but then: where did storks breed when there were no buildings, chimneys?

Last night's thunderstorm was short, but heavy.Lots of damages. It didn't cool off, "Dog Days" in June.

Dan, you need a Mongoose as a pet. Take care!
0 Replies

ul

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 08:39 am
Stradee- your descriptions are tempting. I don't know much about your area, but when I retire...

The East Coast has some cool hot areas. I wish I were there now. My beloved Outerbanks.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4426/hatterasstrand00552wq4.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 03:00 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,762,877.4 square feet!

~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1848 63.426 acres

~~~

I'll meet your Outer Banks, and raise you one Assateague Island

http://www.travelguides.org/assets/assateague.gif

:wink:
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:19 pm
I'll see your Assateague Island and raise you this =

Patti and me at Grayton Beach State Park next to Ft Walton Beach, FL about two years ago....... Very Happy
The sand is as white as sugar and "squeeks" when you walk across it...... Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6608/graytonbeach4kt4.jpg
0 Replies