amount of oil for my Porsche

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 07:18 am
I have read that weight of a car is an important factor in determining how well it runs as well has how good the fuel consumption averages. My Porsche 3.2 holds 13 quarts of oil because it is an air/oil cooled engine. Mt question is based on the weight of oil, should I only fill it half full (saving the weight of 6 quarts of oil)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,349 • Replies: 27
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 07:57 am
substitute Miller Light?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:08 am
Re: amount of oil for my Porsche
dyslexia wrote:
I have read that weight of a car is an important factor in determining how well it runs as well has how good the fuel consumption averages. My Porsche 3.2 holds 13 quarts of oil because it is an air/oil cooled engine. Mt question is based on the weight of oil, should I only fill it half full (saving the weight of 6 quarts of oil)?

Sorry Dys but it's a well know fact that the 3.2 was the result of German fervor to round off Pi ... it's not in the numbers
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:09 am
For maximum efficency you should run it without any oil at all. *nods*
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:14 am
Re: amount of oil for my Porsche
dyslexia wrote:

I don't think six quarts of oil are enough to make a difference. I'd just look into the manual and put in as much oil as it tells me to.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:14 am
fishin wrote:
wo would it make any difference whennot running any oil if I didn't 10W30 or 10W40
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:19 am
Up hill or down?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:20 am
can you please just answer my question, I want to know if I should hold the clutch in or swift to neutral when coasting down a 4 % grade with half the recommended amount of oil, both conditions with the A/C on and 2 cd's in the magic harp.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:21 am
dyslexia wrote:
fishin wrote:
wo would it make any difference whennot running any oil if I didn't 10W30 or 10W40

I think if you are not going to put any oil in the best choiice would be to not use 5W-20. Razz
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:22 am
fishin wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
fishin wrote:

I think if you are not going to put any oil in the best choiice would be to not use 5W-20. Razz
Synthetic?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:27 am
dyslexia wrote:
fishin wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
fishin wrote:

Synthetic?

Of course! If you are not going to use oil then always don't use the best!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:33 am
This car is obviously too complex for you. Just mail me the keys, title, and ship the car to my house.

I heard we should reduce our dependency on oil. Next time for an oil change, just put Guinness in the car.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:36 am
I replaced the OEM cd player with an alpine, would that make any difference?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:42 am
Only if you changed the blinker fluid at the same time. And make sure to change your winter air in the tires to summer air.

True story I probably already mentioned on another thread about your Porsche...my buddy I used to work with bought an '89, and it was at a mechanic for an initial checkup/service. Our boss was in the office when he was on the phone with the mechanic, and said to him, "ask them to change the coolant." My friend said this to the mechanic. Retard with a big bank account. Sold it and now has a Ferrari 308.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:43 am
lets not get testy .... it is sunday you know. here is the result of my search so far .....
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - 200 ...

The other two models are built around Porsche's 4.5-liter dohc V8 engine. ... narrow-angle 3.2-liter V6 engine was developed by Volkswagen.

www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=2969786

this is the closest I can get to your answer without knowing if you are rt or lft handed ....... sorry
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:48 am
Ok so I found that manual in the glove box and it said I needed the shop manual ($229) so I bought that and under the chapter heading "lubrication" it said that if my Porsche was Guards Red colour I needed to read Zen in the Art of Archery written by Eugen Herrigel. However, if the colour is white than I need to reference The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. Both of these are available with the Porsche logo on the covers for a total of $649.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:53 am
dyslexia wrote:
Ok so I found that manual in the glove box and it said I needed the shop manual ($229) so I bought that and under the chapter heading "lubrication" it said that if my Porsche was Guards Red colour I needed to read Zen in the Art of Archery written by Eugen Herrigel. However, if the colour is white than I need to reference The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. Both of these are available with the Porsche logo on the covers for a total of $649.

See! This is the problem with buying foreign cars. My copy of "Zen in the Art of Archery" came as a $10 option with my GMC pick-up.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:55 am
Gelisgesti wrote:
lets not get testy .... it is sunday you know. here is the result of my search so far .....
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - 200 ...

The other two models are built around Porsche's 4.5-liter dohc V8 engine. ... narrow-angle 3.2-liter V6 engine was developed by Volkswagen.

www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=2969786

this is the closest I can get to your answer without knowing if you are rt or lft handed ....... sorry

DINGBAT!Production: 1984-1989
Engine Type: Naturally Aspirated, Air Cooled, Flat 6 Cylinder
Displacement: 3164 cc
193 cu. in.
Power: 231 hp @ 5900 rpm
172 kW @ 5900 rpm
Torque: 209 lb. ft. @ 4800 rpm
284 Nm @ 4800 rpm
Weight: 1160 kg
2558 lb
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:59 am
2500 lbs??? That is sweet....the Crossfire is a tiny little car and is 3K. Stupid safety & emmissions devices.

Don't forget the Porsche floor mats. They add 10 horsepower each.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:59 am
fishin wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

See! This is the problem with buying foreign cars. My copy of "Zen in the Art of Archery" came as a $10 option with my GMC pick-up.

Yeah! well lady Diane's chrysler came with a free copy of Mein Kaumpf.
0 Replies