contemporary armchair entirely from recycled drinks cans

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:49 am
Laurence's 'can do' message
Photo: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2372985.html

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen has created a contemporary armchair entirely from recycled drinks cans.

The interior designer was commissioned by Can Couture to make the Can Can Chair using nothing but cans he and his family collected from around the house.

Laurence said: "I really enjoy working with new material so the idea of using recycled drinks cans to produce an elegant, yet flamboyant chair was a huge challenge for me.

"Recycling is hugely important in this day and age and drinks cans are one of the most environmentally friendly types of packaging as each one is 100% recyclable.

"They can also be recycled infinitely so technically I could produce an entirely new piece of furniture for next season by melting down this chair!"

His chair will be displayed at City Hall in London and is set to embark on a European tour portraying how design and looking after the environment can go hand in hand.

The Can Can Chair will return to the UK in the autumn when it will be auctioned off for charity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 984 • Replies: 1
No top replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 03:15 pm
0 Replies