WHO POSTED THIS, p.2 ?

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 02:41 pm
Sorry about the misquotes. The author was kind enough to bring it to my attention. In any event, the last clue bears enough information to give a proper hint to any person sharp of mind. (a worn out /Texas A&M fan)

Here is the number of letters in the name: _ a _ _ e d _ _ _ _ _ e

IF YOU DON'T FIGURE THIS OUT, A POX ON YOU. Exclamation
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:13 pm
raggedyaggie
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 03:51 am
Alright, give that lady a bale of hay for her horse. THE CORRECT ANSWER IS RAGGEDYAGGIE.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 5 of ten:

1st
Quote:
One thing that is rarely discussed is that Jutland impelled the British to think of alternate tactics which led ultimately to the air craft carrier. The royal Navy had one commissioned and in operation in the North sea the last week of the war but it never got into action. Its first planed action was an attack on the zeppelin sheds at Hamburg
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 06:50 am
Wild guess...Setanta?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:16 am
Nope!

2nd
Quote:
When my daughter was two, she went out into the yard after a rainy night and immediately started to eat the funny white puffy things poping up in the grass. We rushed her to a pediatric poison center where they pumped her stomach and then stuffed her full of charcoal. What a mess that was...
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 12:18 pm
3rd
Quote:
I suspect these nations opposed the unilateral actions of the United State because they view the system of collective consultation, debate, and consensus as a means of containing the overwhelming power possessed by us at the moment. I doubt that any of them would have been sorry to see Saddam deposed but they fear a world in which a single supper power keeps its own council and act solely on its own perceived interest. A return to a world of self justified unilateral action is a very insecure and dangerous world which we have not really experienced since the early 19th century when Britain could do just about what it pleased. The Congress of Vienna and the system of interlocking alliances it produce was the fist attempt at this sort of "containment". It failed with the First World War. The League of Nations and the UN were further attempts. The current Neo conservative ideologues that seem to hold sway in both the US and Britain seem to be intent on returning to that earlier world.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 12:23 pm
Asherman?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 01:23 pm
Nope!

Alright, friends, family and those inbetween....the following material may or may not help you define the author; although, I must say your guesses have placed he/she in good company.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Some would look at this name and say
is it waterbased or some sort of hunk?
I, for one, would guess neither, but hey,
what's a word game without some bunk.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 01:24 pm
Acquiunk? (not sure of spelling)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 01:51 pm
I think Mac has it! Waaahhh!

I've been away and missed the start!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 02:54 pm
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS ACQUIUNK.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 6 of ten:

1st
Quote:
I miss it all, more than I ever thought I would. You're so right about missing the little things that matter the most of all. Like spending all day cooking a $40 roast beef with all the trimmings on a Sunday and not having to eat it all by yourself for 2 weeks, or end up sharing it with the dog because they "forgot" and ate at Wendy's on the way. If only I had a nickle for every diaper I bought......
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 08:58 pm
2nd
Quote:
I definately want to visit there after I go to Ireland. I hear the flight is long tho so maybe by ship. Don't like flying at all.
My son went everywhere, east, west, north and south coasts. Did the whole thing. Went to some 'gathering' in the outback somewhere. He's in VT so I can't ask for a refresh on details right now.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:08 pm
babsatamelia?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:25 pm
Diane?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:01 pm
mikey?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:16 pm
i've read those two posts somewhere, but can't remember who posted those.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:26 pm
you made it thru the typhoon i see pueo....
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:31 pm
yep, that sucker went to the philippines instead.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:33 pm
heard it was nasty,,,,,

you made it thru unscathed?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:41 pm
just some wind and quite a bit of rain.
0 Replies