WHO POSTED THIS, p.2 ?

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 03:34 pm
I will provide you with a quote taken from an individual's writings. This includes new and old members, as well as repeats of members names (not quotes).

Your job is to identify the author of that post. Speculation is encouraged. In the event you are unable to name the individual, a clue will be provided.

The game is over when the correct author's name is posted by me. Page 2 will involve ten authors. Then there will be a break to prepare page 3.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 1 of 10:

Quote:
My husband went to a wake today for a former business associate. He didn't know until he got there that the man had committed suicide. Interestingly, the man's wife told my husband that her husband had died of a heart attack; it was the son who told him the truth.

The man was in his sixties, suffering from 'heart problems' and prostate cancer and his business was not doing very well. So he solved all his problems by ending his life.

I find I have very mixed emotions on the subject. On the one hand, I can understand the extreme depression that could cause someone to think this was the only way to find relief. On the other hand, I feel it is a cowardly way out. Now his wife and children are left to pick up the pieces.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,502 • Replies: 90
No top replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:28 pm
2nd
Quote:
Racoons are quite cute -- we once had two babies in the tree outside our kitchen window. Apparently their Mommy had left them there to sleep through the day, but they decided to explore instead. They came down the tree and found the bowl of water I'd left out for the ducks that visited our yard each day. I came out the front door to snap a photo and after I'd gone back in they came right up to the door and started scratching on the door. Apparently they wanted to come in and see what the house looked like. Eventually they scooted around into my backyard and from there into the neighbors' yards (I heard several of my neighbors shooing them away). Cute as can be, but apparently very, very nasty when they become adults.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:32 pm
The author is Bandylu2
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 07:15 pm
BANDYLU2 IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 2 of ten:

Quote:
Here's what I hope doesn't happen:

Saddam escapes to Syria, forcing Bush to give Syria an ultimatum. The "Arab street" erupts with an anger never before seen. Iran & the rest of the Muslim world pledge to support Syria. The UN attempts to remain neutral, but is eventually forced by the majority of the world's population to stand against US aggression. Support from the British & Australians flounders, and the "coalition of the willing" is reduced to one country. Martial law in the United States.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 08:07 pm
Clue:

Member Description:
Quote:
I'm a 37 year old female... 5'9", 130 lbs., brown hair and brown eyes. I like to read, go for long walks, watch movies, eat at restaurants, cook, and travel. I am an optimist that loves people (most of the time) and I'm usually up for a good discussion
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 01:57 am
Clue: Location: Pennsylvania
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 02:15 am
Violet Lake :-D
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 08:30 am
You got it. Wow! Montana beat the pack.

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS VIOLET LAKE.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 3 of ten:

Quote:
The boss just brought me a pile of work because our resident slacker called in sick again. She has told various co-workers that she intends to use every sick day available to her - up to the point where they start docking your pay... so far she's averaging about one sick day a week. This in addition to the 3 weeks of vacation she gets! God, don't get me started about this woman...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 08:33 am
Terrydolittle
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 08:56 am
This is a great game, but I can't even remember what "I" posted. LOL ci
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 01:12 pm
No, it's not Terry. Some problem C.I.; maybe you will recognize it. :wink:

Clue: 2nd
Quote:
My dad's ashes are inurned at Arlington. Before his service, my mom had talked the band into playing "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" among other more traditional numbers. It created an odd situation - lots of people chuckled, and then felt really embarrassed. It was great - Dad wouldn't have wanted us to be too somber.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 01:39 pm
Sounds familiar, but sorry, no can remember - anything. c.i.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 04:32 pm
Mac11
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 08:16 pm
MAC11 IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 4 of ten:
Quote:
The Cheap Detective. I laughed so much I missed a lot of the dialogue and stayed to see it again. What a cast! Madeleine Kahn, Eileen Brennan, Marsha Mason, Peter Falk, James Coco , Dom Deluise, etc. Louise Fletcher and Fernando Lamas as Ilsa and Fernando Lamas as Laszlo ifrom Casablanca were hilarious, as were Ann-Margret and Sid Caesar as husband and wife. And Madeleine Kahns' la la la la la la la rendition of La Vie en Rose was a classic. The In-laws. Peter Falk again, but this time with Alan Arkin as a dentist unwillingly drawn into iPeter Falk's spy escapades. "Serpentine, serpentine Max", Peter Falk yelled, and Alan Arkin awkwardly tried to do just that while bullets were being fired at him from every direction. That scene was priceless
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 08:54 pm
Sounds like Lightwizard
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 11:09 am
Nope!
Clue: THIS MATERIAL WAS MISQUOTED.

PLEASE DISREGARD.

Maple
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:14 pm
Frank Apisa? (just a guess, I could have sworn it was Lightwizard)
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:53 pm
Clue:

THIS MATERIAL WAS MISQUOTED.

PLEASE DISREGARD.

Maple
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:29 am
Clue: a pooped Texas A&M fan
0 Replies