Hey, I lost 20 pounds. Can I please have it back?

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:47 pm
I don't know what happened to your 20 pounds but you can have 20 of mine!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:46 pm
roger wrote:
Oddly, especially with diabetes, my cholesterol is quite low, usually in the 118 - 123 range. It may well be higher after the recent experiences though. The pain, stress, trauma, etc. put my glucose levels so high I had to go on medication for the first time in my life.

Barbeque is fine, but the don't deliver. Poppa John does.

Well, then, a little pizza wouldn't do you any harm!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:26 am
What Roger really wants is to be able to cycle down and pick up his own barbecue.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:41 am
yeah know what you mean Rog

I lost £20 on the Derby and I'm going to the dogs tonight. (literally and metaphorically speaking)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:57 am
Dogs are better, Steve. Dogs are pretty honest. So are the ponies, but you get a rider on their backs, and look out.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 05:17 pm
actually it was evens tonight...didnt loose

but didnt bet either, due to sudden and vicious thunderstorm which curtailed my visit to the track
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:34 pm
Got weighed by another doctor today.

Before accident - 175lbs first thing in the a.m. before breakfast.

Week and a half ago - 157lbs

Today - 152lbs

My pants are falling off. I would shop for a 34 waist, but as soon as I got home with them, I know I would start growing again. I did, however, order a 34" belt. I just can't bear the though of being on the last belt hole, and still feeling my pants sliding off with every step.

Food just doesn't have any appeal, right now.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 05:38 am
How tall are you, roger?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:52 am
No appeal? That's odd.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:56 am
JPB wrote:
How tall are you, roger?

We've about the same seize ...

(roger and I combined have together an ideal BMI!)

I missed the photos, somehow.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:11 pm
5'6"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:31 pm
Sooooooooooo,

is there any food you'd like? I know I can't suggest a nice rare slab of prime beef. Roast chicken? Meatballs? Italian? Danish? Swedish? Albondigas soup?

Is it warm in your apartment? Crisp salad with whatever, croutons, cheese, salami, beans, onions....

Omelets? Ok, ok, scrambled eggs and toast?

A really good hamburger?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:06 am
Rog, I can't spare any pounds, but I can tell you this. It is only natural for you to lose weight after going through such extensive damage to your body. Your appetite will return when the mending is complete.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 02:24 pm
Probably a certain high percentage of the calories that you're eating--and the muscle mass that you're losing--is going to bone repair.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 02:36 pm
I know it's a lot of weight to lose, Roger, but your BMI is in the upper end of normal. BMI doesn't mean much for someone with a very muscular build and if much of what you've lost is muscle mass then it should come back once you start moving around a bit more. If it's been mostly fat loss, then well, good riddance.
0 Replies

BDoug

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 10:03 am
As a personal trainer, just knowing from a couple of clients I've had you havent lost just fat. Your muscle has atrophied due to lack of exercise and calorie intake. Naturally when you're in pain you don't want to eat but its just another thing you have to train your body to do again. It'll come back with time but right now you have to make sure you're completely well. (pain meds, if you're on them, can also suppress appetite)

Have your doc check you out and get his OK before starting a training regimen, no point in working out if you're going to get injured again right?

Once you've gotten the A OK, just concetrate on strength training and a good diet. The weight will come back, just gonna be a rough road. Good luck bud.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 06:43 pm
I'm working wihh a physical therapist right now, Doug, and he seems compatible and enthusiastic. That is to say, he rides bicycles
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 06:45 pm
Roger - how's your appetite?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 06:48 pm
Improving by leaps and bounds.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 06:48 pm
Yippee! And your weight?