Hey, I lost 20 pounds. Can I please have it back?

roger

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:41 pm
All it took was three weeks in the hospital combined with maybe five weeks convalescing at home. Oh, and an almost total lack of interest in food. Problem is, I admit to having (briefly, of course) admired my own legs before the accident. What do I get now? CHICKEN LEGS!

Surely it isn't going to take another two years to get back where I was. Surely?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,388 • Replies: 44
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:45 pm
Here you go. I've been holding on to it for you. I was beginning to wonder if you were coming back for it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:45 pm
Nah, you've got "muscle memory," so you should be able to gain your lost muscle back fairly quickly, given you can excercise ok. Just being back on your feet & walking should get you back there eventually.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:46 pm
Here, I'll share my fudge pop with you....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:46 pm
exercise and a good diet. and it don't hurt to check with the doctor on ways to do it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:50 pm
Good diet, edgar? You jest!@

Thanks Slappy. That's good news, and I think the exercise habit has outlasted the muscle. I've never been one of those naturally active people.

Hey, FreeDuck!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:12 pm
Go ahead and blatantly ignore me....

I take back my offer of a fudge pop.

[size=7]I ate the last one [/size]
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:13 pm
I was going to suggest an exercise bike, Roger, but then I remembered that you are a real cyclist! Silly idea.
But then, I thought about how you actually acquired those chicken legs & decided that an exercise bike might not be such a bad idea afterall! :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:30 pm
diet, in this case, Roger, is meat (protein)! Even you can do that, right?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:33 pm
Glad you're at the gaining-weight-back phase of this whole thing though. Eat, walk, be generally active (safely! very safely!!) and you'll probably plump right back up. OK, not "plump." "Bulk right back up," is that better?

Are you still on a bunch of medications and stuff? (How ARE you doing, in general?)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:36 pm
Yeah, it'll come right back. It's probably mostly muscle atrophy. I broke my leg once and lost 20 pounds. The atrophy was so severe that the cast on my leg was suddenly too big and caused quite a painful problem. I didn't do anything but heal and get back to normal life for the weight to come back.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:56 pm
I think you should start a thread charting your progress back to fighting
weight. This should include embarassing photographs.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:35 pm
caribou wrote:
Here, I'll share my fudge pop with you....

Fudge pops are crawling with protein, or something. I thought that went without saying, caribou.

Sure, littlek. I can do meat. There's meat on a pepperoni pizza, and i think I'll call Pappa John tomorrow.

Soz, I'm on so many medications I'm afraid to strike a light for fear of exploding.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:44 pm
So, wait, pizza isn't necessarily the way to go. I was thinking BBQ. How's your cholesterol?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:55 pm
Oddly, especially with diabetes, my cholesterol is quite low, usually in the 118 - 123 range. It may well be higher after the recent experiences though. The pain, stress, trauma, etc. put my glucose levels so high I had to go on medication for the first time in my life.

Barbeque is fine, but the don't deliver. Poppa John does.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:55 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Yeah, it'll come right back. It's probably mostly muscle atrophy. I broke my leg once and lost 20 pounds. The atrophy was so severe that the cast on my leg was suddenly too big and caused quite a painful problem. I didn't do anything but heal and get back to normal life for the weight to come back.

What the duck said.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:13 pm
I agree. Just exercise and soon you will have them gorgeous gams back. The girls will be crawling all over you, thrusting and heaving! They wil tear off your clothes and fondling your legs with all their passion! You are a lucky man Roger!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 04:10 am
George wrote:
I think you should start a thread charting your progress back to fighting
weight. This should include embarassing photographs.

Embarrassing photographs are a fine addition to any topic.

Go Rog!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:43 am
Re: Hey, I lost 20 pounds. Can I please have it back?
roger wrote:
CHICKEN LEGS!

mmmmmmm with a little salt
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 04:17 pm
Roger is starting to feel like himself again.
0 Replies