A Philly Wins The Belmont!!

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:05 am
History was made yesterday at the Belmont, the third "jewel" in the triple crown races.

Six powerful male thoroughbreds pounded their way around the track in the one and half mile race (the longest in the triple crown series).

But this pretty girlÂ…..

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/aponline/40435.5Belmont-Rags-to-Riches-Horse-Racing.sff.jpg

Beat them to the finish line!

Rags to Riches is her name, and she's the first philly to win the Belmont in over 100 years! Yeah! Go Girl! The first -- and only other philly -- to ever win the Belmont was a horse named Tanya, back in 1905. So Rags to Riches has earned her place in horsie history!

I think all of us females should celebrate by high-stepping it today, with our heads held high, and an extra little bounce in our step!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,478 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:02 pm
Sorry, stray cat, but Rags to Riches is a filly. Philly is either a city or a sandwich.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:40 pm
Did you say......sandwich? Yummy!

Thanks for that spelling correction, CowDoc, but my boo-boo doesn't lessen my enjoyment of this victory!

As I was highstepping it today, I picked up the cutest little kick.

It goes: ....step, step, kick.....step, step, kick.....

I might start walking that way all the time.

Anyway, I'm going to start fixing my dinner now....a nice piece of phish.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 04:08 am
Yeah, she's gorgeous. Interesting that there's going to be a movie (TV movie, I think), about Ruffian, coming out soon.

Power to the distaff!
0 Replies