Ecowater VS Sears Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 04:27 am
Newbie Gizmowiz here again. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Ecowater ERO 375 and the Sears Kenmore Ultra Filter 450 Reverse Osmosis System. Which is better and why? Cost of Ecowater was quoted at 850.00 installed. The Sears unit is 189.00 plus 139.00 for installation. So what is the 500.00 difference worth? Also who manufacturers the Sears unit with a Mfr. model #3815? Again, Advance thanks to all that reply. Gizmowiz (Bill)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 13,985 • Replies: 17
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 05:29 am
Re: Ecowater VS Sears Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System
gizmowiz wrote:
Newbie Gizmowiz here again. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Ecowater ERO 375 and the Sears Kenmore Ultra Filter 450 Reverse Osmosis System. Which is better and why? Cost of Ecowater was quoted at 850.00 installed. The Sears unit is 189.00 plus 139.00 for installation. So what is the 500.00 difference worth? Also who manufacturers the Sears unit with a Mfr. model #3815? Again, Advance thanks to all that reply. Gizmowiz (Bill)

Bill, I don't know anything about the SEARS unit. Compare all of the performance specifications, service requirements and warranty.

HTH ~
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:16 am
A.... my money is is on Ecowater that makes the SEARS/Kenmore, Whirlpool, mortonsalt.com, North Star and GE brand softeners. And that the biggest part of the additional $500 goes into the Ecowater dealer's pocket. Unless the lower priced unit is has a 10 gal/day membrane and the other is a 75 gal/day.

And remember, you pay for warranties when you buy the product, so you pay more for the longer warranty. And most people never get more out of the warranty than a warm fuzzy feeling.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:09 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
...my money is is on Ecowater that makes the SEARS/Kenmore, Whirlpool, mortonsalt.com, North Star and GE brand softeners.

These companies have chosen to offer their customers a better product with a better warranty. The customer wins.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 02:21 pm
OH! Sears and the others except Ecowater, I hear the warranty is like max three years for any of the components and I believe that is on the resin tank. Is it 90 days on electronics?

Industry standard is 5 years on the control valve and ten years on the tanks. I sell industry standard equipment.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 04:19 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
I hear the warranty is like max three years for any of the components and I believe that is on the resin tank. Is it 90 days on electronics?

Read the warranty before you spend your money -- but that's just common sense in action.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:35 am
Here's a novel idea, how about you read the warranty of those companies before you suggest people buy from them or disagree with someone that has read them....
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:43 am
Re: Ecowater VS Sears Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System
Before we are lead astray ...

H2O_MAN wrote:

Bill, I don't know anything about the SEARS unit. Compare all of the performance specifications, service requirements and warranty.

HTH ~
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:10 am
Yeah but.... Without knowing anything about their warranties, you also said:
H2O_MAN wrote:
These companies have chosen to offer their customers a better product with a better warranty. The customer wins.

Which is not true. Their warranties are the poorest in the industry.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:37 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
OH! I hear the warranty is like max three years for any of the components and I believe that is on the resin tank. Is it 90 days on electronics?.

What?
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:44 am
Yes, an Ecowater softener is an expensive glorified Kenmore, with a longer warranty that you pay for in the usual $3500 and up purchase price of the Ecowater softener.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:39 pm
Rolling Eyes Are you answering phantom questions again?
Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:47 am
No, you asked a question and I answered, an Ecowater softener is an expensive glorified Kenmore, with a longer warranty that you pay for in the usual $3500 and up purchase price of the Ecowater softener.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:43 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
No, you asked a question and I answered,...

Prove it Exclamation
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 12:20 pm
Anyone reading our posts knows where the proof is.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 03:58 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN: Are you answering phantom questions again? .....

I know what you mean. An OP asks a question about a very specific item and the argue switches to something completly unrelated. Is is any wonder the OPs drop off the thread....probably shrugging their shoulders on the way out.

The EcoWater RO has nothing to do with GE softeners, etc. It does have a TDS monitor with a remote monitor to show the owner of it performance. This helps indicate when filters and membrane need to be changed.
http://www.ecowater.com/ERO375.php

The Kenmore has no warranty on the membrane at all if I remember correctly. The person who sells it to you really knows nothing of the product, the stores that sells it doesn't install or service it, and the company that produces it, doesn't trust it past one year... they make them so cheaply that you justify it by saying, "well, I'll just buy another one when this is junk."

It is nice that questions are answered without all the badmouthing and hidden agendas.

Andy Christensen
0 Replies

bri47203

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:38 pm
@gizmowiz,
I was an Ecowater dealer for 15 years, then decided to drop the franchise to be independant. Ecowater does manufacture quality products, however they do tend to be higher priced just like Culligan, Rainsoft, Kinetico as well as a few other brands. I never carried the 375 Ecowater R.O. because the filters are only available from an Ecowater dealer and are very high priced compared to most R.O filters. I always tried to get the best deal for the customers.

You can get a Watts brand reverse osmosis system for a fraction of the cost model:55V RO TFM 5SV
This is a very good model, and filters are available everywhere an they are cheap.

The most common complaint from homeowners, with reverse osmosis units is water coming from airgap on back of faucet. Just shut water off and blow thru drain to clean debris, also clean drain saddle.

Whenever dealing with water treatment, find a REPUTABLE dealer if you do go that way....there are a lot of rip-offs!
cirefont

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 02:22 pm
@bri47203,
How's the taste difference between the EcoWater and Watts RO filter?
0 Replies