Can I find my favourites again?

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 11:33 pm
I had to re-install XP the other day. [Please don't ask why!]

The system will be formated the next days, so until now all the old files are still on the computer.

It was quite easy to get the bookmarked favourites from AOL, but those in my Internet Explorer seem to be vanished (and they are my most valuable, indeed!).

Any idea?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 917 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Monger

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 12:18 am
AOL probably uses only one list of favorites no matter how many "system users" you have. IE has a separate "favorites" folder for each user. After reinstalling XP, windows must've created a new user profile for you (doesn't matter if you're still using the same name to log in). I can't verify the exact location of IE's favorites for XP since I don't have an XP machine to look at right now, but with win2000 they're stored under the following..

C:\Documents and Settings\{name of user, sometimes with random number on the end}\Favorites\

Once you find the user profile that has your old favorites, simply copy those files to the favorites folder of the user profile that's being used now.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 12:29 am
GREAT! THANKS! Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's the same with XP (and since my English was good enough to translate that :wink: )

PROBLEM SOLVED Exclamation
0 Replies