Cirque du Soleil

noinipo

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:11 am
Cirque du Soleil is the best thing to come out of Quebec. It ranks with the greatest entertainment on earth. Anyone with children or grand children should go and enjoy that wonderful performance.
Guy Laliberté Named Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Of The Year
Canada's Guy Laliberté was named as the 2007 Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Of The Year at the climax of a glittering ceremony in Monte Carlo on 2 June. Guy Laliberté, Founder and CEO of Cirque du Soleil, was praised for the "commitment to his artistic vision and the passion he has for his work" by the chairman of the independent judging panel.
http://www.ey.com/global/content.nsf/International/Home
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,712 • Replies: 9
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:32 am
BBB
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/07/10/arts/10cirq_lg.jpg
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:39 am
I've heard the performance is beautiful, but also that the tickets prices are wicked high --
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:37 am
I've seen a couple of these - one in Orlando and one here in Boston - they were both fantastic. True that the ticket prices are expensive, but worth going at least once.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:54 am
I could quibble about "best thing to come out of Quebec", but Cirque is fabulous - one of the only things I'd consider paying full retail for. In any realm.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 11:05 am
BBB
I've never been able to go to a Cirque performance. However, I watch all of their televised shows. They are wonderful!

BBB
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 11:32 am
The cirque has no animal acts and the many human performers are well paid. The music is live and written for each show. The costumes are wonderful. I don't expect to pay $8 to see an opera; same thing here.
Once, at the cirque, I saw a clown who wore a pair of pants with three legs, shoes and all. He walked and danced for a long time and we all were in tears for laughing. I still don't know which one was the third leg. Every time I think about that (Russian?) clown I have another laughing fit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_du_Soleil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 11:42 am
It's fabulous. I've been to a couple, once in Chicago and once in Atlanta, when they performed in the big tent. There are so many incredible sights to behold. Worth every penny.
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:11 pm
All the competitive gymnasts from national or olympic teams all over the world, are happy to find a job at the cirque. Unless you become a coach, your talent is going to be lost one day.
It is a totally international crowd, those performers, and they seem to get along fine.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:10 pm
I am a HUGE cirque fan. I have seen "O", "Dralion", "Quidam", and "Mystere". The best was "O" but I have yet to see "KA". I have been in Theatre my entire life and I have never seen anything more captivating than watching a performance of Cirque. I have done so many reports on the subject that I know them like the back of my hand.
0 Replies