The Right to Know what happends to you

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:24 pm
Why is it that when you have a problem with your license that nobody lets you know about it? Many of my friends have been caught with suspended license's and have had no idea that they were even suspended or that even a problem existed to begin with. I had a ticket from an accident and I was informed that it was paid off. I was not notified of any court dates or given any suspention notices. Now four years later and incident free I go to renew my license and they won't renew it. No reason given just a statement that there is a problem and they can't do it.
It is our right to know when something is wrong. If there is a problem, we should be notified so it can be fixed. Why does PENNDOT feel the need to keep this knowledge from us? Would it not be better to let the people know that there license's are suspended? Don't we all have the right to know what happends to us?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 538 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:46 pm
According to the PENNDOT WWW site, notices are sent.

"If a person's driving privilege is to be suspended, a written notice will be mailed to the driver listing the date when the suspension will
begin.
The driver may appeal the suspension to his or her county's Court of Common Pleas. The appeal must be made WITHIN 30 DAYS
AFTER the mailing date of the notice. The most recent product (ie, license, permit(s) and/or camera card) must be returned to the Bureau
of Driver Licensing by the effective date of suspension listed on the notice or the State Police, local police or other authorities that have
been delegated by the Department will be notified to pick up the license. In addition to serving the suspension or revocation, the
appropriate restoration fee must be paid before the license will be returned. After the driving privilege is restored, the driving record will
show 5 points, regardless of the number of points which appeared on the record before the license was suspended (except in the
case of a 15 day suspension resulting from a hearing for the second accumulation of 6 points)."

http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/pub472.pdf
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:06 pm
If you take care of the PENNDOTT paperwork, you'll know where you stand.
0 Replies