What beer are you drinking right now?

mcho2k

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:24 pm
Hah I don't drink often at all, and it's funny I ran into this post because today I'm actually drinking a beer. (Old English, yup- I'm gangstaa.. Lol.) I'm only drinking cause I've had a long day. Go read my post "Snooty Macy's Saleswoman..."
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:25 pm
I found it on my own.

Happy beer drinking to ya. It's a noble occupation.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:27 pm
Flipped onto Saturday Night Live last week -- don't usually watch it, like you and your beer -- and there's a bit with Peter O'Toole (drunk old English actor) going on about how people who blame their screw-ups on alcoholism are slandering real alcoholics, which is an honorable career.
0 Replies

mcho2k

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:27 pm
Ahh I thank you much... Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:47 pm
Do you have beer like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Xd2y8g-fU
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:53 pm
Yeah, I expect we do. It's a big fishing town. And a big drinking town. Up the road, Milwaukee is officially statistically the drinkingest city in America, and it ain't because it's a party town. They work and they drink.

If they send their kids to college, they come here to drink. I've been quite a drunk at times of my life, but it barely holds a candle to what these kids do. My hat's off to 'em, the obnoxious bastards.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:59 am
I had a sampler of beers at John Harvard's Brew House last night.
The oatmeat stout was the best.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:07 am
patiodog wrote:
Yeah, I expect we do. It's a big fishing town. And a big drinking town. Up the road, Milwaukee is officially statistically the drinkingest city in America, and it ain't because it's a party town. They work and they drink.

If they send their kids to college, they come here to drink. I've been quite a drunk at times of my life, but it barely holds a candle to what these kids do. My hat's off to 'em, the obnoxious bastards.

That seems to be the general rule of thumb in Wisconsin -- sloppy drunks.

I've attended football games at a fair amount of stadiums around the country and have always liked to observe the drinking habits of the locals at the stadium. Chicago, Philly, Oakland, and New York have some fairly violent drunks, always ready to start a fight at the drop of a hat.

Kansas City fans, while drunk on their collective asses, remained fairly polite and sociable.

But the fans at Lambeau are like nothing I have ever seen. They get drunk and just sit there with blank looks in their eyes and drool running out of the corners of their mouths. The beer automatically goes to their mouth even after they are legally dead. If is like some sort of reflexive action that defies science.

It ain't pretty the way Wisconsin folk drink. Frankly, it scares me a little and I do my best to stay out of that state. I would be willing to take a five hundred mile detour to accomplish just that.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:43 am
I don't drink beer but my husband is drinking Beck's at this present time. He's gone through heinikins (?), coors and lowenbrau in the 13 years since I've known him.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 08:18 am
eoe wrote:
I don't drink beer but my husband is drinking Beck's at this present time. He's gone through heinikins (?), coors and lowenbrau in the 13 years since I've known him.

Sounds fickle to me.
Keep your eye on him.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 09:39 pm
George wrote:
eoe wrote:

Sounds fickle to me.
Keep your eye on him.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 06:48 pm
Its difficult here to find my faves, Boddingtons (if I see it anywhere) Wicked apple & melon, Sam 76 (also difficult to find), sam Adams Boston lager & Summer Ale & Amber Bock (that's generally the easiest to get)
0 Replies