The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

smorgs

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:06 pm
Tea and a low calorie biscuit.

x
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:26 pm
The ice cubes left from my drink.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:27 pm
claret
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:30 pm
A peeled grape.

(claret my arse)

x
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:40 pm
yes it was

£4.49 from your local Nisa store.

(I'm desperate sometimes)
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:54 pm
Garlic Bread.

Fancy a snog?

(it was only a bite)

x
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 02:56 pm
yes

did you see Train Spotting?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 03:03 pm
Cup of coffee
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 05:51 pm
Some really dreadful crab dip at a sidewalk cafe in Annapolis. We couldn't eat it, it was an abomination in a State where the Blue Channel Crab is our State Shellfish. I'm afraid they thought we were tourists, and I'm unhappy that they served that stuff in Maryland where seafood is the nectar of the Gods. The tourists deserve authentic Maryland cuisine, unless they want to go to the Red Lobster or something.

OK, we don't have a State Shellfish, but if we did it would be Maryland crabs.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 05:55 pm
Freshly marinated prawns.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 05:56 pm
apple
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 05:57 pm
just a nice chunk of nutty swiss cheese - our dentist recommends that we eat some cheese in the evening to protect out teeth from enamel-destroying acid - that's the best advice i ever heard , since i really like cheese .
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 05:57 pm
Wow, that beats the hell out of the lousy crap dip that we got in full sight of the Annapolis Dock.

(I was referring to the freshly marinated prawns)
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:00 pm
Our State is known for it's top shelf seafood, we export to every part of the world with the Asian Countries being our best costumers, $800 million dollar last year.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:06 pm
I don't know which State you live in, and I don't know how much seafood we export. But I can tell you that no self-respecting Marylander will eat seafood that has been frozen. We may export it, but those of us born and bred don't cotton to anything that isn't fresh. And we still won't eat oysters in any Month that doesn't have an "R" in it.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:11 pm
Let me say I live in the most southern State of the most southern continent in the world, where the waters are blue and unspoilt through pollution. Just look at the place I'm talking about,
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1693/portlincolneq5.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:17 pm
I give up, where was the picture taken. It doesn't look like Antarctica, and I don't think it has States..........unless the global warming business is more serious than I thought. Dang
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:24 pm
The place is Port Lincoln in South Australia, I'm sorry if you thought it was Antarctica. Smile This is Australia's largest fishing Port where they fish the great Southern Ocean with Tuna farming being the greatest export item.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 07:24 pm
Dutchy, I was just having a little fun, I knew it wasn't the South Pole, but when you said the Southern most Continent, I couldn't resist. It is a beautiful location and a wonderful picture. I've always wanted to visit Australia, it's on my list of things to do before I die or get to senile to travel. I hope you were not offended.

But if you ever visit the Eastern SeaBoard of the United States, I will prepare you Crab Cakes (the recipe has been in my family for years) and take you around Annapolis. We have been having a development explosion over the last few years, so I hope you can visit before all the charm is wiped away by developers tossing up all the highrises and luxury condos which are popping up like sore thumbs all over this once lovely area.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 08:32 pm
Glitterbag, not offended at all, these threads are all about having a bit of fun. Would dearly love to visit the US and visit some of the nice people I have met here but I have my doubts if I'll ever make it. However those Crab Cakes sound very tempting. Smile
0 Replies