The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:37 am
Cup of coffee with milk and sugar.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:53 am
Coffee from the caf with some weird flavoring in it.
Our cafeteria coffee needs a little help and the company frowns on boozing it.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 10:29 am
a cup of espresso ground coffee made in drip method - Cafe Bustelo
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:31 pm
some really inadequate tea

Twinings French Vanilla Chai

with black tea/chai seasonings and vanilla , you'd think this tea would taste like something
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:33 pm
@ehBeth,
the last of the kung pao chicken and veg, schniff
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 01:39 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm not a fan of Twinings regular chai. Don't like the lingering licorice flavor.
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 01:47 pm
@ehBeth,
I recommend Harney nd Sons teas. They are really strong flqvored
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 01:52 pm
@farmerman,
I got an order of teas from Harney and Sons sent to work, last week.

Paris (bags); Japanese Sencha (bags); and Indian Nimbu (loose).

Only tried the Paris one so far. Got to figure out how to properly brew it as I brewed it for 5 minutes as suggested (but I don't think the hot water from the office machine was hot enough) as the first cup was a bit too mild. See if I need to adjust the process or just verify that it's not a particularly mild cup of tea.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 01:53 pm
Pellegrino with a little bit of mango juice
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
I like the Twinings Ultra Spice Chai. That's some good tea.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 07:33 am
@ehBeth,
Really love the Tazo chai as it's pretty super black peppery if done right. Also, my favorite Starbucks drink is their Chai Latte, (perfectly sweetened with no need for added sugar).

Presently imbibing (and enjoying) a cup of Japanese Sencha green tea from Harney & Sons. #yummers
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:05 am
I got my order from Arbor Teas last week. Haven't opened the box yet as I'm just finishing up what I've got. I bought loose leaf Darjeeling First Flush, and loose leaf Gyrukuro Green

I'd like to put in a plug for Arbor Teas. Small company, very friendly people.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:18 am
God darn it...conditioning. The thread just reminded my brain I forgot the chocolate mousse in the freezer after lunch. *Runs to freezer*
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:45 am
@chai2,
Please give a 10 page report on the Darjeeling First Flush. Bound and single space please. Wink

Darjeeling is one of my favorite styles of tea.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:49 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
I'm just finishing up what I've got

it would be years and years and years before I could buy tea again if I did that. I'm trying to cut back but there are so many teas to drink and try. I was logging it on FB for a while - I drink 10 to 15 different teas most weeks.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:52 am
@ehBeth,
I don't frequently buy tea because we have drinkable tea (free) here at work. But when I do, they don't go to waste, even if it's a tea I don't like. I just take the remaining tea and leave it on the pantry closest to the file room where I work and it's vultured away by passerbyers throughout the next week.

Best way to fly through big amounts of remainder tea? Make big pots of iced tea (and use handful of bags per large pot).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 01:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Chicken cream soup for lunch. Had to fend for myself, cause my wife had eyelid surgery.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 02:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Please give a 10 page report on the Darjeeling First Flush. Bound and single space please. Wink

Darjeeling is one of my favorite styles of tea.

What I do know is re the difference between first flush and 2nd flush. Here's a cut and paste of the differences between flushes...

I prefer the first flush because of the more astringent taste. Personal preference. It may cost a little more, but tottaly worth it.

Most importantly for me, I never use tea bag tea. That's just the dust left over at the bottom after sifting through the hopper. I don't like to be snooty about stuff, but after I experienced the difference between what comes in bags, and loose leaf tea that's primo....faggedaboudit.

The First Flush is the picking of the brand new two leaves and a bud in the earliest spring growth of the plant, as early as February and often lasting through April. These early leaves are usually more delicate and tender and therefore more light, floral, fresh, brisk, and astringent in flavor. To preserve the spring leaf flavor, First Flush Darjeeling teas are generally less oxidized during processing and may appear more greenish in color than a typical black tea. Darjeeling First Flush tea is some of the most prized and expensive on the market. It is so special and exclusive that tea connoisseurs consider the first harvest from this region to be the “Champagne” of teas.

The Second Flush is picked as early as April and runs through May or June. Second Flush yields larger, more mature leaves with a purplish hue and silver tips or leaf buds. The leaf growth during this period is much more rapid than the early spring growth. These larger, fast-growing leaves yield a stronger yet smoother flavor for the finished tea. Teas from this Flush are known for their full-bodied, muscatel, and fruity flavor.

The Monsoon Flush runs from June or July through October and yields large leaves that brew into a stronger color and bolder flavor that is less complex or nuanced than the previous Flushes. Teas from this Flush are often used for iced tea and commercial tea bag tea production.

The Autumnal Flush happens in October and November and yields a finished tea with a rich copper-colored liquor that can be described as rich, full, nutty, and smooth in flavor. Leaf growth slows down during this period and the tea plant is squeezing out the last of what it has to offer before it goes dormant for the winter.

chai2

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 02:23 pm
@chai2,
Moving on to Gyokuro Green Tea.

Now we're talking about a whole 'nother animal.

It's only picked by women because their hands are smaller, and you only want the first couple of leaves. They can't wear perfume or anything that would taint the tender leaves. It's grown in the shade, etc. etc.

I know, I know. Plus it's (if you've never bought it) crazy expensive. But the taste. Oh my lord, the taste.

I don't drink alcohol, not into clothes, makeup, lotions and potions. So, it's my extravagant pleasure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyokuro

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 09:36 am
more of that awful Twinings French Vanilla tea
if I doctor it up with some choco milk and honey it's drinkable
apparently it's too éxotic' for others around me Rolling Eyes
0 Replies