The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 03:31 pm
I just went in circles thinking I had posted all info on our favorite new to us restaurant, and apparently I haven't given them permissions. wtf?

The site - https://www.google.com/#q=cafe+laurel+abq

Assuming you can get in, look up the Burque Turkey sammich, my favorite in a long time.

This is likely on my computer end of things. It's a clean place, friendly staff but not in a fake way, terrific food, mid-town. I tried to post the menu. Perhaps it will show up this time.
http://cafe-laurel.weebly.com/menu.html
ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2016 09:48 am
@ossobucotemp,
Looks tasty

__

a piece of Serbian bun with butter

waiting for the kidney bean / tomato stew (rajma masala) to be hot again - tossed some rice in since I can't be bothered to serve it on the side Embarrassed
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 08:14 am
cherry pastry from the Serbian bakery
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 03:09 pm
A glass of cabernet sauvignon from Fetzer Winery in California. Haven't seen it in our stores here before, at least that I remember. Fetzer's not bad, but I like the winery because of a day in my life when a mix of friends helped me to get from Napa to the northern California port of Eureka, a couple of hundred or so miles away. That was back when I had a big bad eye episode in 2004. Friends from Napa and friends from the north, and I, all met and ate at the Fetzer Vineyard for a car transfer of me with the eye, which was much better that day than when it happened. Friend meeting friend, great in itself. I bought them some gifts, least I could do for all their help.

Posted about it here - I see I'm the only one who picked a stylish straw hat.. I think the others picked glassware..
http://able2know.org/topic/111721-1384#post-5266562
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 06:31 pm
Sam Adams Octoberfest
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 08:14 pm
hot cocoa with a tsp of hazelnut coffee granules
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 05:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hot cocoa with a tsp of hazelnut coffee granules

mmm that was tasty so I had some tonight Smile
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:26 pm
@ehBeth,
I like cocoa with chili pepper(Youcn pick your heat, from scotch bonnet to burn your gullet, down to poblano for just a hint of heat)
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:36 pm
latkes with applesauce
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:44 pm
@farmerman,
I put chile pepper and or garlic in almost everything (I must be dazzling to ride in a car with) but I think I've only had one bite of a chocolate bar with chile in it, probably not a new mexico chocolate bar, so chilli pepper or chili pepper... and was neutral to negative about it. Hmm, I should fool around with cocoa powder, which I use a lot of, with some added chile powder or diced pepper.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 08:06 pm
beef noodle soup with bruschetta topping in the bottom of the bowl and some sweet/sour sauce swirled in

hot/garlicky/sweet

all the good things
0 Replies

roxanna00

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 12:58 am
@Dorothy Parker,
A piece of apple.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 07:43 am
@roxanna00,
water
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 08:15 am
@ehBeth,
Pellegrino and a dash of Jemex coconut pineapple juice
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 11:19 am
black beans, brown rice, onions and tomato.

All in one delicious spoonful.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 11:24 am
@chai2,
switch out skinny noodles for the rice and I had the same thing for lunch
chai2

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 11:41 am
@ehBeth,
My husband loves breakfast tacos, and usually stops in the morning and gets 2 at Maria's Taco Express (an Austin institution)

Yesterday afternoon he came home and saw me preparing a breakfast burrito for myself with whole wheat tortilla, black beans, egg, onion and tomato. He asked for one too, and I added Tillamook brand sharp cheddar to his. It was huge, what with a burrito size tortilla.

He immediately asked for another Very Happy and I had to say "Sorry dude, that was the last tortilla.

I'm so happy, because in the last few days his appetite has been better in the last week than it has been in months and months.

I'm off to the store to get more whole wheat tortillas (and other stuff)

Every 3 days or so I've been making a small pot of beans that I incorporate daily into my meals. Looks like I'll have to make more.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 04:54 am
@chai2,
do you fry your tortillas?
I gotta have some cilantro stuffed in a burrito, it gives a certain presence.

I grow lotsa cilantro so we have fresh leaves all summer (and its a great place for the swallowtail butterflies to lay their eggs) Ive eaten nothing since late last night qhen I had a ppretzel listening to the pundits dissect the debate

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:38 am
@farmerman,
We had huge supper burritos (pollo and all kinda bad **** that tasted wonderful)

Pigged out like a celibate monk last night. SO IM PAYING FOR IT by a late night GERRD. Ive taken some PEPSID and am sitting upright typing on A2K at 3AM. Thats my punishment.

Had a Pepsid and a white coke
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:34 am
toothpaste!

about to chug a beer stein of Earl Grey
0 Replies