The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 04:46 pm
@ossobuco,
One po boy sammich and a Thai iced tea (one bite and sip at a time/not all at once)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 03:54 pm
@ossobuco,
faux seafood chowder

potato soup with clams and faux crab chunks and lots of extra veggies

don't tell Set it was healthy Very Happy

(I'm allergic to crustaceans so that faux crab works - it's fish but does add a slight flavour of crab to something like this - and supercrazy affordable if your friend took you shopping at Costco - where she buys 24 big packages of that faux crab at a time Shocked )
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 04:32 pm
@ehBeth,
laughing.. re Costco friend. Hmm, Diane still has a Costco card. Costco is trying for me, since I still like it. Too much stuff I could use. What I remember very fondly is big bags of nuts at a reasonable price somewhere around November. Also, I've still got my italian ceramic bowls, 15 years now.

I'm glad I'm not allergic to crustaceans, not that I find them around here or if I could, that I'd fork out the dollars. Ranch Market probably has them. Hmm.

http://www.losaltosranchmarket.com/

They have good produce, much else, and a set of picnic tables for people to get lunch before or after the shopping..
Far away for me, but a possible on one of our excursions.
I need to sign up for another senior ride website, paperwork, interviews, bla blah. Then it could become my place.. at least every few weeks.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:22 pm
@ossobuco,
sampling the goings on in the crockpot

bought a big box of frozen swedish meatballs the other day. decided to have fun with food. threw in the balance of the butternut squash soup ingredients (squash, onions, leeks, carrots), broccoli, thinly shaved potato slices, a lot of some garlic/herb/no salt seasoning mix that I found on the back of the stove and should use up, the end piece of a chunk of good tangy parm, some broth and water

the leftover coffee-marinated ribs are sitting on top of the other stuff in the crockpot. trying to decide whether we'll snack on them later tonight or something else. they're nice and hot while I think about it

so far, so tasty

I think I need to add something to make more of a sauce/gravy
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:23 pm
@ehBeth,
the thinly shaved potato slices were going to become scalloped potatoes and then I thought - crockpot's already going - throw the buggers in there
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:28 pm
@ehBeth,
You're sounding reckless, nods agreeably.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Golden delicious apple, on sale at Whole Foods today.
vonny

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 01:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ham and mozzarella panini
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:14 pm
@vonny,
Gourmet wrap: the Mowgli (grilled cauliflower, pickled pineapple, shallot, BBQ potato chips, sage aioli in a fennel seed dough wrap) and a beet salad (fresh beets, mixed greens, goat cheese, yogurt sauce, and fresh dill) from Wolfsnight
larryglz

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
I just had fried chicken, divine!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:47 pm
@larryglz,
Ciao Bella Brown sugar gelato with a handful of cashews thrown in.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
buttered toasted crumpets with cinnamon honey

brought Set banh mi from downtown

http://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/VYM1Z90S6034fNCu-lVNaQ/o.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:05 pm
@ehBeth,
What are those cones?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://simplydolicious.com/sticky-rice-chicken/

Cantonese style dimsum dish -Sticky Rice with Chicken in Lotus Leaves

the small ones at this place are in triangles, the large ones are in squares

they are sold in restaurants, at take-out joints, and by ladies sitting on the sidewalk

Toronto loves sticky rice in lotus leaf packages. I lived on them when I first started working. One of those with a piece of fruit makes a filling meal. Even nowadays, the small ones rarely cost $2. The big ones are usually $2.50 - $3. Way cheaper than going to places like McDonald's for a quick, filling, inexpensive meal.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Not far from where we live is a dim sum restaurant that we go to on weekends, and try to arrive early to get a table for ten for our family. We usually succeed, and not long after, all the tables are filled with people waiting - extending to the outside. Love that restaurant.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:59 pm
@ehBeth,
I used to go with friends for Dim Sum alla time in Los Angeles... different places, different occasions. Indeed, our friend Harvey (whom I mention too much here since he was dear in many ways, not least his obsession with different foods and his sharing) had a heart attack the afternoon after we went to a dim sum restaurant. He recovered that time.) I tried making it myself - failing at speedy shui mai, I was better with non-dim sum, but I loved it all. Point being, I liked sticky rice..

Here in Abq, I went with friends to a dim sum place they liked, and I hated it. Eye roll.. hard to be polite. Ms. Cranky trying to be quiet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
I like your straight talk, Osso, because we really know who you are.
Too rarely is that true with "most" posters.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 05:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks, Tak, and same to you..
0 Replies

Krrypton

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 09:33 am
Dairy milk silk.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:51 am
0 Replies