The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 05:35 pm
@ossobuco,
I really really really hate to eat cooked food when it's hot so my stove/oven are storage facilities in the summer.

Now, it's all burner firing!
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:00 pm
Brad's Organic spelt pretzels
ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:26 pm
@ehBeth,
I getcha. Since I make essentially all my food dishes except for the odd restaurant visit, I do cook in summer high heat. It's good monetarily that I have the time to do this and pretty much like it, very handy or I'd be in big doo doo otherwise.
I do not like July or August here, even though it's famously dry heat, for many reasons and cooking is only one of them. This is a change from the old me, probably mediated by increasing age and six years recently in a climate that only got to 63 F in the height of summer. I adapted to that, apparently. Also odd, this is the only place in my lifetime that I've lived with any kind of air conditioning, in this case something I'd not heard of, swamp coolers. They bring interior temp down a bit.

The bad news is I screwed up on the cookies. What was I thinking? I pulled down the bottle of raw honey, admittedly flavorful, but not the molasses. No wonder the dough looked oddly pale. Bah! But I'll keep on rolling..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar, hmm, that gives me ideas. How are they?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:55 pm
@ossobuco,
They taste like normal pretzels. If they didn't then I wouldn't keep buying them regardless that they're constantly on sale.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 05:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
cole slaw mix with no dressing
tater salad
curry chicken pasta salad
herring/beet salad

made a buffet out of trip to the fridge Smile
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 06:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Lunch at one of the nicer restaurants here, which I won't name so I can complain a bit - Diane's roasted artichoke was not very good, as artichokes go, and my burger was cooked the way I wanted it (thus good quality meat for around here) but rather dry (hey, burgers need fat in them). On the other hand, the accompanying fries (best in years) and sauteed sweet red pepper and mushrooms were good. My glass of malbec was tasty; she didn't mention her white wine. Didn't beat our top three places, but fun to try out. May give it a second chance. Liked the layout of the place, the real paintings on the walls, and the wait staff.
FBM

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 02:26 am
@ossobuco,
Tater tots. I rarely indulge, but this is the second time in two weeks that I've caught a cold and I'm trying to bribe my body into defending me for a change.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 02:42 am
@FBM,
Canned Herring with spicy tomato sauce on multigrain crackers. Sauce weak, added Tabasco.
vonny

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 02:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Vegetarian chilli with chocolate and tomato passata
ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 03:11 pm
@vonny,
orange juice

(want more!)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 03:14 pm
@ehBeth,
All this Chilli!!!

YUM on the different salads...

Coffee... What to have for breakfast? Thinking......
ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 06:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
decaf tea
vonny

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:03 am
@ehBeth,
Oats, berries, and almond milk.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 07:41 am
Coffee.

coming up -
Scrambled eggs/parsley/garlic/pepper and a buttered hamburger bun (new recipe, ehh, time to concoct some sourdough rolls)
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 11:15 am
@ossobuco,
Starbucks venti-sized mocha frappachino. 3 were gifted from ... heck if I know... to my manager who won't in the office for most of the day ... for reasons I have no idea of. Just hoping it's not poisoned. Shocked Razz
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 12:34 pm
My son's from scratch brunswick stew
glitterbag

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 07:41 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Just some pineapple chunks.

My husbands mother made Brunswick stew, that's great comfort food.
margo

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 12:17 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

My husbands mother made Brunswick stew, that's great comfort food.

You just can't get Brunswicks here, y'know!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 03:41 pm
Strawberry and kiwi flavoured water