U.S. Military CONFIRM Saddam's Sons Killed in Mosul Raid

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:33 am
I believe you people are mistaken about the identity of PDiddies' avatar. If you look closely, I believe that is Richard Dreyfuss.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:37 am
steissd I think we can put to bed the motives behind turning in Saddams sons, and I think friend of the money rather than friend of the US is the more accurate statement. I hate being right so much. Rolling Eyes Razz

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/23/sprj.irq.sons.intl/index.html
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:39 am
Many Iraqi people were concerned that the old regime would return. With the deaths of the two sons, one the heir apparent to Saddam, the people can relax a little.

I would have preferred that they were captured alive, but it was their choice. They were told to surrender, and proceeded to open fire. Our troops had to fire back.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:25 am
And of course we know these were Saddams sons because someone who was paid 30 million dollars, the US military who has NEVER told a lie and who is under commander in chief GWB and the news media lately owned by GWB Inc. says so.

Like I say, this guy is the luckiest boy in the world.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:26 am
And we know "how it went down" because of one innocent bystander, was it?
0 Replies

angelina

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:30 am
Phew! Thanks, Rog, glad you understand now ... you rat (oh, no, here we go again Laughing :wink: )!

gustavratzenhofer: hmmm, why, now I see what you mean; here, I was touting myself on never making snap judgements and yet I immediately thought of Dick Cheney; actually it looks like any of those t.v. psychics as well :wink: ;

but, then again,

Bi-Polar Bear: I have found it better to never argue with a bear!

and, last but certainly not least, another woman:

Phoenix32890: absolutely, the 2 apples (who have not fallen far from their proverbial tree) chose to fight back, the U.S. had no choice and this can only be good (sad, true; but still good) as I agree the Iraqi people can only relax with these 2 out of the picture!

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

John Lennon (as if you didn't know...)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:34 am
NYTs

The above link gives some details. I believe that it was the 2 sons. The process by which they were killed, well, that's another matter.

They were hoping that the death of his 2 sons would stop or reduce the killing of coalition soldiers, but there were at least 2 attacks after their deaths.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:53 am
CNN minute by minute retelling of the 'demise' of Hussein's sons.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 09:05 am
I just got the Bangor paper and saw the story. I say, lets not forget that , with the rapid disassembly of the Saddam regime, the sooner our soldiers can get the hell out of there. We can settle with Georgie at the polls, or at abill of particulars, whichever comes first.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 09:16 am
Richard Dryfus? God, I am blind! I was hoping for a few more years...... Smile c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 09:19 am
Great avatar Gustav. I really enjoyed your performance in "Afrogasm".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 12:36 pm
Quote:
BAGHDAD, July 23 (UPI) -- Two U.S. soldiers in Iraq were killed and nine wounded Wednesday in separate attacks on convoys, CNN reported.

The first incident took place near the northern Iraqi city of Mosul where, on Tuesday, American forces swarmed a large home and killed Uday and Qusay Hussein.

An improvised explosive device struck two U.S. military vehicles, killing a member of the 101st Airborne Division and wounding seven others, according to U.S. Central Command.

Less than two hours later, a convoy from the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment was struck near Ramadi, west of Baghdad, killing one U.S. soldier and wounding a soldier and a contractor, Central Command said.

Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, commander of ground forces in Iraq, said Tuesday the killings of Uday and Qusay Hussein would deal a blow to guerrillas who have been attacking U.S. forces in the country.
[underlined and highlighted by WH]

I'm glad that most of the Iranian population has some fears fears less than before.
But these two brother are neithe Daddeam nor Bin Laden. And obviously, there are pockets of resistance spread all over the whole country.
The killing of two leaders wont stop the attacks in such a number, as the US-administration hopes (or hopes, we should believe) I fear.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 01:11 pm
Walter, I agree with your assessment. This administration has a keen ability to open their mouth before they've considered any future consequences. They're just plain stupid, because they never seem to learn from past mistakes. c.i.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 01:16 pm
Their true stupidity lies in their confidence that they can go about their business as if the people they were elected, well sorta, to represent will never catch on to the fact that they're being treated as if they were stupid and just stand for it forever.

Lots of stupidity flying around here. Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:50 am
steissd wrote:
Well, there is really nothing to gloat about, but the very fact that their location became known to the U.S. commanders, shows that there are friends of the USA among the Iraqi population: I am almost sure that the Arab collaborators helped to locate Husseins-juniors.

Of course there are friends of the USA in Iraq. But i think in this particular case it would be more correct to call them friends of the US dollars. 30 million to point out where the two brothers were hidden. Easy money.

And why were they killed? Wouldn't it be better to catch them alive and let them stand trial?

And now the Pentagon wants to release pictures of the dead brothers to help convince Iraqis that they were really dead. But i remember the fuzz a few months ago about the pictures of dead americans? Double standards?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:19 am
frolic, As I've said on another forum, what can we expect from the cowboy in the WH? Their ability to think through things is not one of their skills. c.i.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:26 am
The photos have been posted on the CNN website. They are pretty graphic.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:57 am
We are becoming an embarrassment.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 10:48 am
No, A2K is becoming an embarrassment because of the presence of so many left wing milktoasts.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 10:54 am
cjhsa

Do you suggest by this, the same should happen to those
Quote:
many left wing milktoasts
(whatever that might be) Question
0 Replies