Help me fnd my father

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:25 pm
Hello all... Im not sure where to post this question, so i picked here...I am 18 and engaged.. i would love to find out past medical and other info about my fathers side of the family, so i am trying to find him..He left my mom when i was a baby.. I dont really want to pay to find him so i was wondering if anyone could help me out... I have done every search possible, but they all want money... so, i dont know what to do.. I know his full name and birthdate.. oh, and his last known address as of 2001... someone please help me...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,249 • Replies: 24
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:33 pm
I am your father.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:39 pm
krissy, look here at www.zabasearch.com

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/999/picture1is7.png
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 11:23 pm
thanks
thats hun.. i tried and it keeps giving me the same address, but i drove there and they told me he didnt live there.... I should have known, it was last updated in 2001..Sad so.. i guess i will keep trying...thanx...
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:02 am
Try the election commission for that town (may be called something else--the people who run elections). Every state does it differently, so information on when he lived at that address and where he moved to (assuming he was registered to vote, which might not be the case), may or may not be public information. If he was registered and moved and registered somewhere else, the new election commission will notify the old one (or at least it's supposed to). They may be required by law to make that public. Or they may not. It's a hodgepodge. But you might try.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:54 am
When I was in collections, I used to do a lot of skip tracing. If you know someone in collections, they might be able to help you.

I found some people by calling neighbors and old addresses where they had lived. Sometimes those people were stll in touch with them.

Most of the ones that were hard to find ended up being in jail. I hate to even mention it, but ... have you tried the prison system?
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:01 am
yeppers
i sure have and he has a record... but its from like 98 or something...so.. but, that was a good idea...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:04 am
If he has a record, then the parole board would have him in the system. Undoubtedly, you need to do more research.
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:09 am
ragman... u help me...
well.... what if i give you his name and **** that i know... will you help me.. its very tiresome and nerve racking...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:29 am
I think you'll have to do your own work.

ragman gave good advice.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:46 am
some info you provided MIGHT be missing here. Can't your mom help provide some info? have you asked her?

If you contact the parole baord that info should be readily available. What effort have you made toward contact of the parole board? In what state? what was the result?
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:51 am
why would the parole board have him in the system? hes not on parole.. i dont understand... oh and by the way, im pregnant, so finding past medical hystory fast is a must... but thanx anyway...
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:53 am
my mom knows as much as i do.. but as far as she is concerned, she couldnt are less if i found him becasue he used to beat her..so.. i just dont know.. and what ifo MIGHT be missing????
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:27 pm
There is a federal government agency that provides parent locator services (mainly for child support enforcement):

Administration for Children and Families
370 L'Enfant Promenade, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:35 pm
I don't want to be a downer but...what if he doesn't want to be found?
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:05 pm
Thats very true and let me tell you, i have thought about that enough... I have thought about what i was going to say and why he didnt look for me.. but, i guess thats a bridge i have to cross when i come to it..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:19 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

yeah, wondering that myself.

also, the rush to find out because you're pregnant? Well, your mom doesn't think it's that necessary.

what if he was dead?

you wouldn't have the info then either.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:22 pm
krissy07, you have my sympathy. I am in exactly the same situation as you. Never met or even seen a photo of my father, who also left when I was a baby. I have tried a few times over the years to look for him but to no avail. I gave up eventually.

Sorry I can't offer any advice that hasn't already been given.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:23 pm
Yeah, it might be better not to know if it's just going to be a big disappointment.
0 Replies

krissy07

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:39 pm
Chai wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

yeah, wondering that myself.

also, the rush to find out because you're pregnant? Well, your mom doesn't think it's that necessary.

what if he was dead?

you wouldn't have the info then either.

I would accually rather know if he was dead then not know anyhting at all..
0 Replies