Thou Shalt Not Lie

Noddy24

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 10:30 am
There is nothing new under the sun.

http://www.theholylandexperience.com/

Personally, I think that the Theme Park approach to religious education is likely to teach kids there is a kinship between Noah and Mickey Mouse.

As for kids being confused when they go to school--44% of Americans take the Bible literally and their children are already confused.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 10:36 am
This reminds me of an old, old Abuzz thread where we developed "Jesusland" and proposed attractions like...

The Stations of the Cross Bumper Cars..
The Garden of Eatin'...

... and other blasphemous ideas.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 11:34 am
I read in the newspaper this morning that Roswell NM is trying to raise capital for an Alien Theme Park. The highlanders have been making money from Nessie for years.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/alien-theme-park-roswell/20070526150309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

http://www.lochness.co.uk/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:27 am
The book of Genesis teaches evolution...

When will you nit wits get that truth through you thick monkey brains?

LET THE EARTH BRING FORTH!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:49 am
bookmarking
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:59 am
It's okay to lie if you are Paul Simon singing The Boxer:
Lie la lie
lie la lie
lie la lie
lie la lie la lie la lie la lie
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:19 am
Isnt there a book in the bible about evolution?

I thought there was.

Called the book of revelutions or some such.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:49 am
RexRed wrote:
The book of Genesis teaches evolution...

When will you nit wits get that truth through you thick monkey brains?

LET THE EARTH BRING FORTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Um....I think it's YOUR nit-wits that need to get this through their monkey brains. YOUR nit-wits created a creation museum with dinosaurs on the ark and claim the earth is only 6000 years old.

Don't put your brethren's idiocracy on US!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:10 am
Re: Thou Shalt Not Lie
dyslexia wrote:
Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.

Which candidates? Does anyone know? I want to cross them off my list.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:17 am
Re: Thou Shalt Not Lie
rosborne979 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.

Which candidates? Does anyone know? I want to cross them off my list.

Mr. Huckabee, Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas and Representative Tom Tancredo of Colorado
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:56 am
Trancredo is actually running . . . the mind boggles . . . i'm glad i haven't been paying close attention so far.

Kentucky is not the only site for these liars. I posted this in Wandel's Intelligent Design thread:

Canada's first museum of creation opens in Alberta

CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Compared with the $27 million (13.6 million pounds) Creation Museum that just opened its doors in Kentucky, Canada's first museum dedicated to explaining geology, evolution and paleontology in biblical terms is a decidedly more modest affair.

The Big Valley Creation Science Museum, which opens next week, was built for C$300,000 in the village Big Valley, Alberta, population 308, a two-hour drive northeast of Calgary.

Source at Reuters UK.

I heard Harry Nibourg, the museum's owner, interviewed on CBC today. It was a hoot. He explained that there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark, but that they were juveniles, and so they didn't eat much, and slept all the time. (That's important because Genesis Chapter 7 clearly states that God told Noah to load food for all the critters--but it just slays me that anyone would claim that a juvenile weighing 60 or 70 tons wouldn't eat much. Furthermore, they were allegedly at sea for a year--nevermind the fodder for the juvenile dinosaurs, who shoveled the **** ? ! ? ! ?)

Hilarity, of course, ensues . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:36 pm
He meant the dinosaurs were eggs. Harumph.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:47 pm
neologist wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
I found a Bible in my room, the time I stayed at the MGM Grand. "I don't have one," I said to myself. Despite my son-in-law's protestations, I packed it in my luggage.
Gasp!

Did it burn your fingers? :wink:
I burned a bible in a hotel room once.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:42 pm
Chumly wrote:
I burned a bible in a hotel room once.

Oh man, why didn't I think of that.
0 Replies

stlstrike3

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 06:40 pm
And we wonder why American schoolchildren are falling so far behind in science.

Go ahead, world... laugh at us... we deserve it for letting this happen.
0 Replies

stlstrike3

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:07 pm
http://www.pacificviews.org/weblog/archives/002129.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:41 pm
I think that "The Creation Museum" is gonna be caught on the horns of a dilemma.
If they claim that their exhibit is a "privately funded" science education exhibit and then claim tax exempt status as a "religious Organization" they have to expect that somewhere , someone will pose a lawsuit under the Kentucky education standards.

RIIIIIIGHT, I know now why they chose Kentucky.
0 Replies

BDoug

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:30 pm
hey guys it could be worse, Im from Kansas and we enshrine this crap in our education system. At least this time its Kentucky reassuring the rest of the world that yes, we truly did evolve from monkeys......some are just a little behind the curve.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:59 pm
I think it's safe to say that science education is superior in the U.S. at the graduate level.
But one thing that grabs my hems is the empahasis in lower education on arithmetic AT THE EXPENSE OF courses in the humanities and arts. The openness of mind required to appreciate evolutionary theory reflects not only the presence of bad science teaching but also the absence of humanistic/artistic intellectual stimulation in lower education.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:33 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I think it's safe to say that science education is superior in the U.S. at the graduate level.
But one thing that grabs my hems is the empahasis in lower education on arithmetic AT THE EXPENSE OF courses in the humanities and arts. The openness of mind required to appreciate evolutionary theory reflects not only the presence of bad science teaching but also the absence of humanistic/artistic intellectual stimulation in lower education.

A good thought I can wholly agree with.
0 Replies