Bath VS ShoweR

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 02:21 pm
Shouldn't be frustrating, Gargamel. If you never take off your clothes, you could do your laundry while rinsing off your bod'. Two birds with one stone and all that.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 05:27 pm
Yes Merry Andrew, that is an advantage.

But I tell you, hanging from the clothesline gets a bit tedious.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 09:45 am
not even your emperial clothes ?
0 Replies

dos5ddd

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 08:19 am
I am a male and I have really dry skin at times, I saw some bath soaps in the store that say they help dry skin.....the ones that caught my eye are Dove, Olay, and Caress.....I know that ladies usually have well cared for skin, which ones do you think may help me in the shower?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 08:22 am
Bath is great for relaxation, but I normally have a quick shower straight afterwards.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 08:39 am
I like it better with the wives of bath, and lots of bubbles, preferably of the Champagne variety.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:03 am
You know now that I am thinking of it.Taking hot showers actually leaches too many of the good things out of your skin.A suana does the appropriate method of extracting toxins but too many hot showers is equally not so good. Better warm....like beer thats sat in the trunk of a car parked inside an underground parking lot regulated for about 65 degrees.And the car sat there 2,36 hours and arrive at the temperature of 91 degrees, what temperature would it be ?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:08 am
dos5ddd wrote:
I am a male and I have really dry skin at times, I saw some bath soaps in the store that say they help dry skin.....the ones that caught my eye are Dove, Olay, and Caress.....I know that ladies usually have well cared for skin, which ones do you think may help me in the shower?

Probably any of those three. One of our MD's recommended unscented Dove, used sparingly. You might have good luck if you added a couple of tablespoons of an organic oil (for example, almond oil, apricot oil, even corn or olive oil) to your bath or applied it to your skin while it was still wet. Then drip dry.

Really dry skin patches might respond to a teeny amount of OTC cortisone cream applied 2x daily.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:17 am
I put olive oil all over my body before going to bed (alone) or baby oil (when not alone Twisted Evil) to take care of dry skin
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:28 am
Crisco vegetable shortening
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 08:56 pm
Dermatologists tend to recommend against quite hot showers. Too bad, I love them..
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:52 pm
Ayurvedic oil baths include either castor or almond oil massaged into the scalp and body, followed by a scrubbing and a very hot shower.
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 11:02 pm
Hot shower.
I think it is the length of time one is exposed to the heat of the water, is what does the harm. It is easy to get dehydrated in a hot sauna in a few minutes, and become quite ill.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:08 am
Hi Olen. Hope you are enjoying a2k. I've never stayed in a sauna more than about ten minutes... I think I can spend more time in a steam room, but it's been a while. Very Happy

Everybody loves a hot shower. Osso -- If you have a cooling rinse after a hot shower, is that OK, do you think? I know that derms. recommend much cooler water than I would like.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 09:52 am
I don't know, Piffka, I haven't asked. (I use hot water anyway.)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:16 pm
I haven't read up this thread, so if this is out of focus, that's why.

I would much rather a bath than a shower, however there are time constraints which inhibit taking a bath whereas a shower is always faster.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:26 pm
dos5ddd wrote:

I would slather on some lotion in the dry areas after bathing. Look for ones with ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, aloe vera, and vitamin E. Avoid moisturizers with a lot of alchohol and things with a lot of perfume - especially irritating oils like peppermint and eucalyptus. I'm a fan of the body shop's "body butter", Dove's Essential Nutrients Night Cream, and this one looks good as a light moisturizer

(p.s. don't use the same lotion on your face as you do on your body - your face - unless severly dry - is more prone to zits and needs a lighter moisturizer.)

Over-exposure to sun or cold weather can also be drying to your skin - are you exposing your skin to a lot of sun or the elements? Here's a good moisturizer with a light sunscreen (never hurts) Paula Bedgoin Moisturizer
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:40 pm
Shower... two a day preferably.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:08 pm
Well, hot water is drying...

but maybe not all so bad for people with young non dry skin. Plus there is a certain restorative value to either bath or shower...
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:06 pm
I love long soaking baths with a book. It's a great way to relax - except when I fall asleep in there and wake up at 2:00 am in cold water!

I usually have a quick shower rinse after my baths to get all the soap off.

I don't bathe quite as often as I should. I feel like Linus from "peanuts"- there is a very short grace period of cleanliness after showering. I make art all day (from 8 am to 6 pm) which means that even if I'm energetic enough to hop in the shower when I get home I'll get covered in paint, oil, sugar, and clay by the next morning. It makes showers seem kind of pointless.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bath VS ShoweR
  3. » Page 7
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:09:34