Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 09:05 pm
The shower of my youthfull memory was outside
and under a rainbow!
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:00 pm
Shower or bath.
I guess I like them both. Bath for relaxing, shower for being clean. I took showers, Navy style for several years. You turn on the shower for a few seconds and get the wash cloth and the body wet, and turn it off. Then you soap down, from hair to toe and scrub until every square inch has been covered. The last phase, is to turn on the shower again, and rinse all over. You are squeaky clean, and tingling all over from the vigorous scrubbing. I now follow that procedure to get clean, after I take a relaxing hot bath. The reason for that shower procedure was to conserve water, which we had to make from sea water. It worked so well, that I kept it up.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:49 am
I think that when you shower you leach lots of important minerals and nutrients from you skin.Esp using hot water.The skins texture may be a little wrinkled right after but the skin tightening that occurs afterwards makes one feel fit and fun.
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:10 am
Shower/bath.
A.K: It has been a long pause between our bath/shower comments in July. Thank you for your analysis of skin reaction to an invigorating shower. I assumed the wrinkles were from the result of aging. Maybe I should take hotter showers followed by a colder rinse as I get older, to stretch that skin!!! Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:33 am
Olen, that was always recommended by my mom. She said it made my hair shiny.

I have dry skin and don't like that skin-tightening feel. It doesn't make me feel fit, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I think you're right about the skin-leaching scenario, Algis. I'm going to look for some blue-green algae.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:36 am
I have had good results for dry skin with emu oil soap.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:42 am
Aloe Vera 80 (liquid) soap. Seriously helpful.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:03 am
I live in a shared house with 3 other men. If I have a bath, I HAVE to clean it first. If I have a shower, I don't. Simple as that!

The other reason is that I'm usually late for work and a bath takes far too long, and washing at the sink went out in the 50's.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:07 am
As many have said before, I feel like I'm stewing in my own filth when bathing - a shower for me, thanks. My parents had a house built for their retirement and installed a jacuzzi-tub in their master bathroom. I've never used it. Course, the idea of using my parents' jaccuzi is pretty icky too.
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:09 am
Sand bath.
Wait until you hear about a bath I had. Running around on a Pacific island during the war was fatiguing and sweaty. After a few days, I found a pool of soaking sand. No standing water. More like quicksand. I had a piece of soap, so I stripped, got into that sand and scrubbed all over, using the soap. The sand was wet enough that it even ran a little. After the scouring, the sand dried, and could be easily brushed off. I felt so clean, and smelled so good, the other guys tried it too, with the same result. I have never had a bath since that felt soooo gooood. Of course I have never been so smelly and dirty since either.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:15 am
That sounds cool, Olen.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:52 am
cavfancier wrote:
I have had good results for dry skin with emu oil soap.

Tartarin wrote:
Aloe Vera 80 (liquid) soap. Seriously helpful

Hmmm, thanks, thanks. I have a tiny bit of emu oil, it came with a dropper -- very precious and supposed to be for healing. Maybe I'll be a bit more liberal with it. As for the Aloe Vera 80, I will look for it.

Littlek -- stewing in filth? Ewwww! Maybe you'd like a Japanese bath?

That sand bath sounds like a great spa exfoliation treatment. Very cool except I am having trouble imagining sand that wet.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:08 am
Piffka, check out this site. I don't know their product, but their formula seems sound:

http://www.gentleridge.com/soap1.html

There is Shea butter in there too, which is also great for dry skin.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:12 am
Erm, or this site....seems there is no longer a link to the soap on the site I posted.

http://www.uniquelyemu.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=UEP&Category_Code=Soaps
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 02:31 pm
They sell some blue green algae up here in Montreal for 1 dollar a litre.I think it's pure and the best value in town.I find in the winter a hot turquise colored bath with goat soap bubbles is unmatchable to the impersonal rain of the shower.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 02:33 pm
Shea butter can also be found in middle east variety stores.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 02:39 pm
For a price, I will pay a personal visit to you clean freaks and pee (erm I mean, deliver) some emu oil to your bathwater.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 02:43 pm
I'll emulate you ....OK
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 02:55 pm
You are so a-moo-sing!
Oof ... stop me, stop me!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:50 pm
udderly emulating!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bath VS ShoweR
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 11:59:58