Bath VS ShoweR

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 05:58 pm
Which do you prefer? I usually desire a bath. It's more like the womb and really relaxes one before Rx is needed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,034 • Replies: 191
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:23 pm
shower, unless i have company (well, company is fine in the shower too)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:51 pm
I have never enjoyed sitting in dirty water.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:58 pm
ditto diddie, or is that Mr Diddie your excellency mr president sir.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 07:19 pm
"Lord Diddie" will suffice until my coronation--errr, inauguration.

Has anyone seen the First Lady?

Bet she's taking a bath...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 07:28 pm
Since I always feel like I need a shower to rinse off after my bath, I go straight to the shower. I wish I didn't have to care about the resale value of this house. I'd get rid of the shower and just have a giant walk-in shower. <sigh> Love those big walk-in showers.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 07:36 pm
I'm think I'm taking a bath right now
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 08:56 pm
I shower for convenience sake, but I love a bath, with bubbles, candles, and soft music, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 11:22 pm
I never liked taking a bath, and my common excuse was -as PDiddie and farmerman, said, too- tthat I don't like to sit in dirty water.

It might well be, however, that this is "going deeper":
when I was young, we just had one bath for all the family in our house, fired by a coal oven. So, on Saturdays, grandma, granaunt, mother, fatehr, aunts went into the tub.
Because the water had to be heated every time, this took quite long - with the consequence that we children had to use "used" bathing water.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 11:52 pm
My favorite is my daily bath. I think they're faster than a shower if you're in a hurry because you can be busy while the tub is filling, and you don't have to scrub yourself, you can just lie there and soak a while, calming yourself. I also like to add various things to the bathwater, especially perfumes and oil. This evening my bath had saki in it which is quite refreshing!

We have one of those big walk-in showers and it is great, although it is horrible to keep clean. I use it when I want to wake up quickly. I'll also shower to rinse off when I've come from swimming or from working out. For general ablutions, there's nothing like a bath.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 03:06 am
I love my bubble baths unless of course I'm dirty ;-)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 04:30 am
If I have all the time in the world, I really prefer a good wood-fired Finnish sauna. Temp. should be at least 170o F., birch branch wiftes handy. Ahhh,heaven.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 04:50 am
bath, hot tub, finnish sauna, russian steam room, they're all great. i wish i had them all at home. until then, when stressed or tired, a big bubbly bath will suffice.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 06:24 am
I have a huge walk in shower, and a large tub. I use the shower every day. I have lived in this house for over 9 years, and if the tub has been used 5 times, that's a lot. I really should fill it with dirt, and grow vegetables in it! (There is a skylight over the tub!)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 07:18 am
I have never been tempted to drink bathwater so adding wine or milk or cola never occured to me. Walter, you have , in you past bath lives recount, managed to completely gross me out. I had to wash in muddy rivers but at least I never knew where the mud came from , and the water was moving.
Ehbeth, I was staying in a suite at a great hotel in New Orleans last year and had one of those showers that was configured like a car wash. There were shower heads coming from all the compass points and some coming up from the low ends of the wall. It was Great, the water was so intense that you had to set all the flows and temps on the outside of the shower.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 07:36 am
Showers....much more hygenic to pee in...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 08:00 am
farmerman wrote:
I have never been tempted to drink bathwater so adding wine...

I didn't drink the saki, Ick!!! It was recommended in a book and I had some old saki.... (see #4, below)

Quote:
10 Things About Sake You Absolutely Need to Know

10. Sake is pure, no sulfites or preservatives (unlike wine).
9. The best sakes are served chilled.
8. "Sake is set to become the next Merlot, the latest trend setter among beverages." Wall Street Journal
7. Sake drinkers don't suffer from hangovers.
6. Sake is NOT "Japanese Rice Wine."
5. "Chilled sake is the hot new thing." The New York Times.
4. Bathing in sake is good for the skin.
3. Sake is considered an aphrodisiac (according to legend).
2. One out of every five glasses of "wine" consumed in the world is sake.
1. You can become a Sakemaster!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 08:52 am
I find it kind of odd but assume that taking a bath in the common water was a form of combining all personal energy and strength from one generation to the next.I would love to conduct a study. The family that baths together stays together.Uncanny as it may seem,aura strengthen water is a vital source of spiritual refreshment. I think the slow leaching of the skin is better in a bath. It also perhaps uses equivalent or less water in some cases.In a bath you can enter it hoping to achieve one specific relation. Any residue left on the skin simply is wiped off not that there is ever much.% minutes in a good bath relaxed head almost floating bubbles aplenty.Here in Montreal we have one fabulous cheap product which only cost a dollar a litre. It is blue green sea algea.I believe it's 100% and makes the water a turquiose dream.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 10:25 am
"Chilled sake is the hot new thing" -New York Times. Lol, funny how a centuries-old practice can become a new thing....and true, sake is brewed, not fermented like wine, so it actually bears more in common to beer, in terms of method. Bathing in sake seems a tad excessive to me, why waste good sake?
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 10:27 am
It's relaxing to take a bath with wonderful smelling salts, and rinse off after. Taking a shower isn't relaxing, 'cause you can't lie down and soak. Blue green algae? Hmmmm. Does it smell good?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bath VS ShoweR
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:50:28