Bath VS ShoweR

Vivien

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 02:33 pm
I have dry skin and find putting baby oil gel onto wet skin after a shower and then dabbing myself dry really helps.

smells nice too and isn't as greasy feeling as putting it on dry skin - it locks more moisture in as well.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:11 am
Yes my bad circulation warrents it. My feet r coldy.gotta take a bath.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:52 pm
Arthitus of the ankles sufferers enjoy soothing salted baths for complete harmaony of ones Katra and the element H2O
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:06 pm
Now I am off to Crete where winter swimming freaks the locals out.There in the crystal aqual blue water I will call to the nymphs of the sea and ask Poseidons permission to find a small piece of Atlantis.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 02:28 pm
Showers are the daily necessities. Baths are the luxury of pampering and time. Showers are get in, shampoo, scrub, rinse and dry. Baths on the other hand are candles, oils, loofahs, bubbles, soft music and someone to scrub my back. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:23 pm
Algis, I recently read a book about a woman who settled into a hilltown in Liguria after going there on something of a lark for a rose pruning job. (I forget the title, liked the book, back with title later.)

Anyway, she describes what you are saying, that she and her sister's interest in swimming in the tyrennian sea (er, Mediterranean) in other than, what, August?, freaked out the locals - brought scolding from all sorts of onlookers about how she would get a chill and that the consequences were dreadful...
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:58 pm
Hi Osso,

Sorry I spaced out there. Yes the Greeks are real chickens when it comes to the cold. They will mostly swimm only on the hottestest of the summer days after a months of overf 100 weather. The minute it drops under 90the swimming season is over.Now the water of the mediteranean is cool to cold but not more so than the lakes north of Montreal that turn this cold in September.By october you cannot even get it. The water is so salty that it's extremely theraputic.

But the locals will certainly think you are out of your mind and will catch a death of cold and die miserably...I'll have a swimm for you Osso. Underwate in the aqualblue waters you can see for a mile underwater in the bays. Now this is amazing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
All right, Algis, do have a long and wonderful swim for me, thank you kindly.

(I have a long ago memory of not-swimming - I didn't know how yet - in Lake Michigan. Froze my butt. It probably was in June.)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 10:39 pm
We get freaked out too in southern California when
in Dec/Jan the snowbirds come to visit and get into
the water and sunbathe at the beach, while we're
wearing heavy winter gear http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/wetter/6854.gif

On the subject: I shower every day, but now and then
I'll kick the jets of my jacuzzi tub and take a long nice
relaxing bath.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 10:44 pm
Huh, I remember it being in the nineties in January. No, not all the time, but during Santa Ana times. Though I am not an ocean swimmer, I was a beach jogger...

And you're right, right about then, in the non Sant'ana times, is the only time to get away with sort of Eastern Clothing.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:05 am
In January sometime there is a national sport of diving into the sea to claim the holy cross. I did it a few years ago on Crete and plan making the dive this winter too. The trick is to get the cross first and the competition is heavy,
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 05:43 am
I would like to see statistic of what families stuck together because they bathed together.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:43 am
Shower every time mate
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:33 am
Do families who shower dispearse like a flower does it's seeds?
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:50 pm
Shower for when you need to be energized. Bath for when you want to be lazy or are already lazy.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:53 pm
Wake up those lazy crazy hazy days of summer.Take a shower or a bath or a beer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:55 pm
John Labatts Classic if you're offering, Algis.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:01 pm
My rule of thumb for a lazy bathing experience is beer for shower, nice glass or two of red wine and book for bath.

This doesn't apply to workday mornings.

Your mileage may vary.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:04 pm
wind before a bath makes it bubbly
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:46 pm
Algis, you're on a roll...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bath VS ShoweR
  3. » Page 8
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:50:42