Did LOST jump the shark last night?

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:14 am
Spoilers ahead, if you haven't seen the Season 3 finale.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,106 • Replies: 14
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:17 am
So I've stuck with it turning into some kind of SF show. That's OK, I like well-written SF.

But now they're turning it into a regular drama? Am I getting that right? Jack turns into John Carter from ER?

And now they're off the island trying to get back on, after they've spent three years getting 'em off the damn thing....

I fear the writers will fail to produce a compelling show due to their overweening pride.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:04 pm
Patience, Grasshopper. All will be explained by the end of the 2010 (final) season.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:55 pm
My fear is that the writers are too impressed with their own cleverness.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:10 pm
That might be true.

Sometimes I wonder if they even know the plot themselves.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:20 pm
They got OFF the island!!!!

Joe(I haven't been watching since Ginger and the Professor were held prisoner by the Soviet cosmonaut.)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:51 pm
The part of Lost most puzzling to me is, the plane was found, and all the people on the plane were confirmed dead. Others get on the island by dying. Yet, they can freely kill one another, and certain people have access to the regular world. How does it work? Are they in between this world and another dimension? Or is it something else?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:59 pm
I missed the first 45 minutes of the finale. Did Walt have more than the one scene by the ditch? Was that just John hallucinating?

I actually liked how what seemed to be flashbacks of Jack turned out to be flash-forwards.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:24 pm
That one scene with Walt was it for him. I believed all along he and his father would reappear. For one thing, that was not much of a boat they left in, and his Dad was no seaman.

The flash forward took me by surprise. How did they get away, why do they need to go back. How can it be so, if they died in the crash?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:15 am
For an episode that was supposed to answer everything, we all seem to have a lot of questions!

It seems as though it's all one big hallucination - Jack is imagining what it might be like in the future? Or maybe it's an alternate reality.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:23 am
edgarblythe wrote:
That might be true.

Sometimes I wonder if they even know the plot themselves.

As far as I heard they wrote at least the initial season without any idea as to what should come next. In fact, the show almost got cancelled because the plot was so poor. I watched the first season but it quickly turned out to be boring.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 11:08 am
I have a theory that the surviving characters will return to the regular world, but with new lives and identities (most would need them), at series end.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 09:37 am
(sings out loud)

"You are everybody"

Razz

I don't care, I am so hooked.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 10:29 am
"You all everybody"
0 Replies