Do Atheists "Worship" Anything?

RexRed

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:54 pm
Yes...

Atheists may protest and say how can we be accused of worshiping anything when we do not believe in God?

Yet they just transfer this admonition energy to themselves or they "obsess" over, their family, their car or maybe even a Nobel Peace prize... Or some public recognition for their own vain self made greatness and a BIG pat on the back. They seek the honors of men rather than the honor of God... Yet it is still WORSHIP to the same degree.

Atheists stand in ridicule and judgment of others who choose to worship a "higher" power while they (atheists) themselves set their own affections on earthly objects and ideals.

This simply is a source of self made pride rather than Godly pride.. Where they reflect their own image rather than relinquishing their own desire for glory to something that does not inflate the self ego.

In God we trust...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,854 • Replies: 212
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 01:25 pm
But doesn't god also inflate the ego-self. Aren't you placing yourself above atheists in ridicule and judgment right here?

And I do not think you believe that atheists have no part in your god's grand scheme even though they want none. So in effect, ridiculing them is ridiculing the god you profess to trust.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 01:34 pm
RexRed are you atheist?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 04:42 pm
Do Atheists "Worship" Anything?

Atheists are the same as anybody else. And, a Christian can be as worshipful of worldy gain as a non Christian. I could write a long list of them, just from personal experience. It's in the character, not whether or not one believes there is a god.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 05:11 pm
Re: Do Atheists "Worship" Anything?
RexRed wrote:
Yes...

Atheists may protest and say how can we be accused of worshiping anything when we do not believe in God?

First of all, I don't protest and ask that question. It's moronic.

Yet they just transfer this admonition energy to themselves or they "obsess" over, their family, their car or maybe even a Nobel Peace prize... Or some public recognition for their own vain self made greatness and a BIG pat on the back. They seek the honors of men rather than the honor of God... Yet it is still WORSHIP to the same degree.

Secondly, I don't obsess over anything, nor do I seek honors of men. Likely this goes for many aetheists. Please speak for yourself.

Atheists stand in ridicule and judgment of others who choose to worship a "higher" power while they (atheists) themselves set their own affections on earthly objects and ideals.

This simply is a source of self made pride rather than Godly pride.. Where they reflect their own image rather than relinquishing their own desire for glory to something that does not inflate the self ego.

Your argument is ridiculous. It lacks substance, evidence, and reality.

In God we trust...
u

Ye Gods.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 05:20 pm
REX is trying to stir the pot again. He ought to spend time crafting arguments before publishing them. I predict that, like Mame, a few will come by and tear Rex a new orifice with very few, but well chosen words. SO Im just bookmarkin fer fun.

THIS ONES UP THERE WITH "ATHEISTS < YOUR LIVES ARE MEANINGLESS" another example of some Christian self possessed smugness and examples of un Christian attitudes.

"Oh Lord, I am so glad I am not like these others , even this publican over there"

"Worry about the moat in your own eye before you call attention to the beam in anothers"

Christianity, like all idol worship, requires developing an "Us" versus "them" mentality
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 05:31 pm
I think that's meant to be mote, but in this case, moat is the more fitting word....

Someone is flinging flaming spitballs from the castle battlements trying to loft them over the moat. No luck.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 05:37 pm
youre right osso. I never looked at the spelling before in my Bible. Its mote, which means its no longer moot.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 05:50 pm
Asked then answered...

REX - Please provide a atheist source (like a atheist book or quote from a atheist leader in some sort of atheist church) that clearly backs your claims that atheists...

1) Worship themselves
2) Value "earthly objects" more than any other group

Next provide any sort of proof that all atheists believe the same thing to the degree that you can generalize ans make the accusations that you have made.

Inversely, the pious religious types are more known for their ego, not the atheists. Even you, think that you are better than non-christians. You think that you have inherent privilage in the after life. Something that you think that I for instance do not have.

You sir are the ego maniac.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 05:54 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
But doesn't god also inflate the ego-self. Aren't you placing yourself above atheists in ridicule and judgment right here?

And I do not think you believe that atheists have no part in your god's grand scheme even though they want none. So in effect, ridiculing them is ridiculing the god you profess to trust.

All humans have a place in the psyche for God and a place in the psyche for the self...

Just ask Freud...

The id the ego and the superego

So the atheist's superego would be directed at themselves or some other object...

And the more they protest the more evident it becomes that this is the case...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 05:56 pm
Well I did ask Freud and he said he thinks you're hitting the coke too much.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:00 pm
RexRed wrote:
And the more they protest the more evident it becomes that this is the case...

When and where is this protest? Who are they? How many of them are there? Is it all of them?

You still have no grounds for such broad statements.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:06 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Asked then answered...

REX - Please provide a atheist source (like a atheist book or quote from a atheist leader in some sort of atheist church) that clearly backs your claims that atheists...

1) Worship themselves

Next provide any sort of proof that all atheists believe the same thing to the degree that you can generalize ans make the accusations that you have made.

Inversely, the pious religious types are more known for their ego, not the atheists. Even you, think that you are better than non-christians. You think that you have inherent privilage in the after life. Something that you think that I for instance do not have.

I have a place in heaven due to to God's "freely given" work in me not my own works... I can not speak for other Christians because in general I believe most Christianity is far from "Biblical"...

Again someone who feel the need to attack me rather than my ideology.

This is a prime example of the bloated self justifying hatred of people rather than their ideas.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:07 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Well I did ask Freud and he said he thinks you're hitting the coke too much.

Well Mr. Dys you are simply WRONG....
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:12 pm
RexRed wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
Asked then answered...

1) Worship themselves

I have a place in heaven due to to God's "freely given" work in me not my own works... I can not speak for other Christians because in general I believe most Christianity is far from "Biblical"...

Again someone who feel the need to attack me rather than my ideology.

This is a prime example of the bloated self justifying hatred of people rather than their ideas.

If you think this is a appropriate responce to direct questions then you are a coward. BTW, if you post lies, be ready to be attacked. It's a natural responce.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:13 pm
You get a second try. Now please answer.

[quote="Diest TKO]

1) Worship themselves

[/quote]

Direct answers for direct questions.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:31 pm
i worship nothing

whenever i hear someone say, is nothing sacred, i respond, yes it is
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:41 pm
Re: Do Atheists "Worship" Anything?
RexRed wrote:

Yes, this is an argument that surfaces on A2K every so often... trying to trick atheists into being theists by claiming that any kind of attention to anything is the equivalent of "worship." According to this definition, being a fan of the Beatles qualifies as theism. Well, sure, if you want to dilute the word "worship" to such a vapid degree that it can include everything, go for it. Indeed, I can think of several atheists who would delight in the idea of equating the worship of God to enjoying the Beatles... it helps put things in their proper place.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:42 pm
Actually, I worship the ground Rexred walks on.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:47 pm
RexRed
So you are not atheist, just what I thought. Then you don't know
sh*t about them.
0 Replies