The Six Wives of Henry VIII

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:29 pm
Hey LW, lemme borry that there DVD, 'k?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:33 pm
Hey Setanta, I wonder what happened to Henry's grandson and heir, Herman the Hermit
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:35 pm
Not been released yet, but I'm looking for it. I am certain PBS will repeat the series, usually they have a Saturday or Sunday marathon repeat of their series. Follow the link and see. I don't remember where you live but if I have to loan it to you by dogsled, you'd better have a nice Remi cognac ready when I get there.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:40 pm
Unfortunately, in the LA area listings, KCET, KOCE and KLCS, the series has run its time for reruns. At least nothing shows up for August. In you area, it might be different. There's a schedule link at the top of the link page. It asks for a zip code and then one can click on the monthly summary for August.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:52 pm
oldandknew wrote:
Hey Setanta, I wonder what happened to Henry's grandson and heir, Herman the Hermit

Good question, Boss, i'm sure you'll recall that Herman reported to us that the widow next door had been married seven times before--and every one was a Hen-er-y. Hmmmm, perhaps some discreet inquiries ought to be made next door . . .

LW, i don't have a DVD player, but i'll be interested to see it if it is "re-run." Given that i donate hundreds of dollars to the local university-run public radio/tv station each year, i suppose i could watch their programming from time to time.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 03:53 pm
DVD players have gotten to be cheaper than VCR's, albeit they cannot record. You might find the series rerun in the next few months. It will also be available on VHS.
0 Replies